Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the UK spec' 45's come with an engine undertray?

I thought (or dreamt) that I saw one on the parts CD.. but did they actually exist? Does anyone have one they want to give me... any condition? :)

Ralf S.

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
I had one one on my car, but they get beaten up by road humps or come away from where they are fixed because the bracket rusted, eventually removed it all together.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
They exist on early cars only. Alfa saw sense and didn't bother fitting them to the later cars :)

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah.. My old beast doesn't look like it ever had one.. but in a random moment of alcohol-fuelled creativeness during the New Year, I decided I wanted to make an entire flat-bottom for the beast :D out of carbon-fibre (though I moved quickly onto version 0.2 - decided that alu' was less likely to disintegrate on impacts)..

That made me think about whether there was an engine undertray to stick on there (or at least copy/bodge on) as a complement to it.

In the cold light of 2012.. I don't think I'll persevere... :D but who knows? Some extra aero-efficiency wouldn't go amiss with the benzina stuck at 134p... :eek:

Ralf S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts