Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to keep my GTV on the road and when I finished using it as my daily car (hopefully in the next 12 months) she will go back to being a weekend/occasional car. to that end I want to deal with some of the rustly bits underneath.

Jacking points on the sills bent and rusty.
Forward wishbone mounts - surface rust
Rad support
Misc small marks underneath
Check inaccessable spots (saw one spot in the engine bay where the joint between two panels has a line of Ricky rust around it)

The Rad mount and the Front wishbone mounts I could probably do in a Farmyard shed that I can use and if push really came to shove I could get access to a garage ramp on weekends but the reality is that since December, while I did replace the Radiator, I have not had any time to do much since.

So - any recommendations for someone to do the job for me?

Thanks,

NF

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Watching this thread with interest (also in Cork) ... have a GTV too that needs to be sealed-up this year underneath... Lots of surface rust, but hoping there it nothing too bad..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watching this thread with interest (also in Cork) ... have a GTV too that needs to be sealed-up this year underneath... Lots of surface rust, but hoping there it nothing too bad..
Hi Cathal,

I don't have much in the way of surface rust (and neither does the car), so I got a quote of 150 for cleaning up under the boot - dealing with the sils and the front wishbone mounts. I may get them to do the rad mount at the same time - although I have a fancy to do that bit myself simply beacause I can..... if that makes sense!

I have another name to check out and I'll update this when I have the second one.

Ned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts