Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go to London 2 nights this week and found out this morning that the underground will be closed from now until Friday morning! What a pile of rubbish that is going to be , thats thousands of people stuffed!!!!!!!! Its not as if driving there and back is going to be easy enough for both nights either as one is in Camden and be fecked if I wanna park my car there for the night to get keyed or nicked!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
You will have to get the overground to kings X and then walk/cab/bus it :(

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Fun isnt it, I still have to commute to work with many others, this apparently will cost the country £100m.

Worst of all, it means I will arrive to Ace Cafe late on Thursday.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Fun isnt it, I still have to commute to work with many others, this apparently will cost the country £100m.

Worst of all, it means I will arrive to Ace Cafe late on Thursday.
Westfield Shopping centre is offering all day parking for £10 while the strike is on ;)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
We were going to see the Kings of Leon on the 15 /16 th, at the 02 Arena, but found out about the Tube problems, so gave it a miss, as we needed to get back to Paddington quickly, after the concert, to get the last Train back here. Too much of a risk, we thought !!!!!!.......

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Kings of Leon would have been well good tho :cry:
Yes indeed, we are still searching for tickets for the 30 June now, and staying over night, if we DO manage to get some.They are like gold dust though, and selling for ridiculous money on E-Bay !!!!!......:(:(

Meanwhile, back on Topic........

We actually got an E-Mail from Ticketmaster telling us about the strike today, and the major problems on the Jubilee line on the 15 /16 June, which was good of them, otherwise we would never have known about any problems on the Underground.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just been hearing on SKY News, that they are thinking of playing the " England v Andorra " World Cup qualifier tomorrow, behind closed doors, due to the affect of this Tube strike. How daft is that !!!!!......:wow:

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Ruddy typical

Hardly ever go to the big smoke on business these days, but need to go tomorrow, so booked tickets and Underground ONLY TO READ THIS THREAD AND THE NEWS SITES.:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Good job it's only a 2.5 mile walk from Euston. Better get the comfy shoes out!

I pity people who have got to do this every day

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
This is due to the strike, right?
Any suggestion that they've deliberately planned it for an England game at Wembley to cause the maximum disruption?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Storm in a teacup people can adapt the buses are still working as is the overground .The football thing is a bit of a pain for people , imagine i will see the impact usually people drink where i Live in kilburn then get Jubilee line to Wembley .Bob crow holding us to ransom again can't wait until just before the Olympics I wonder if they threat of industrial action will occur them and perhaps we will have to cave just so it is not thrown into chaos . I know unions have there positive aspects but they also can be used to neagtive effect.

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want a payrise but I dont think going on strike at work will bloody fix it :mad: :mad:

I dont have that much impact :cry:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
£20 to park at the o2! it only cost me £11.55 to train and underground down there :mad:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts