Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i've noticed the police are using completly 'random' undercover cars. before it was normally the black vectra or the odd subaru but now they have got an orange audi A6, a silver transit van fitted with workmans ladders and bull bars on the front, a corsa and strangest of all an old metro. They say they aren't being sneaky and they are keeping the roads safe but what they hell are you gonig to chase in an old metro? :rant:

·
Registered
275 Posts
recently i've noticed the police are using completly 'random' undercover cars. before it was normally the black vectra or the odd subaru but now they have got an orange audi A6, a silver transit van fitted with workmans ladders and bull bars on the front, a corsa and strangest of all an old metro. They say they aren't being sneaky and they are keeping the roads safe but what they hell are you gonig to chase in an old metro? :rant:
No need to chase in a old Metro, all they will need is a speed camera

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
They are getting sneaky :tut:

I had an under cover Lexus come flying by the other day , he wanted to over take in the most impossible place...No mr pc plod you can only get 2 cars thru there not 3 :doh:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
They even run a 159 police car around Birmingham... :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
PSNI tend to use Skoda Octavias for their unmarked cars.

Noticable by the lack of dealer sticker, dealer name on numberplate, no towbar, lowered rear suspension due to the weight, and tinted bulletproof glass.

What is annoying is when people park cars that LOOK like cop cars from a distance on motorway bridges - silver or white Vectras and Octavias. And the tendency for everyone now, from breakdown to security firms, to use what looks like police livery.

N

·
0 Posts
It's probably against the Prevention of Terrorism Act (2005) to discuss
this and post detail/info about these cars.

:tut: :tut: :tut:

;)

V

·
0 Posts
It's probably against the Prevention of Terrorism Act (2005) to discuss
this and post detail/info about these cars.

:tut: :tut: :tut:

;)
if i get nicked tonight for posting a pic of that copper and his lotus will you bail me nev :thumbs:

:lol::lol:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,357 Posts
i had a traffic light drag with a Mondeo ST220 a few months back. only to find out 5 mins later that it was an under cover fuzz mobile :(

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Metro ha ha, my first car was a Metro gti, a right violent car on excelleration,the ash tray would fly out when i put my footdown and it would wheelspin in 2nd gear up hill. would easily keep up with most cars. would love to see the policemans face when that arrived at the station, maybe its a dunce car for punishment when you crash the Bmw.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The Lambo was a publicity stunt....in the UK but not in Italy. True. The Met had two 928 Porsches on test for a while all marked up but they couldn't get all the necessary equipment in.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,357 Posts
What happened?

They were just as much in the wrong as you were. :rolleyes:
got pulled over and had a bit of a talking to. explained that i hadnt done anything wrong blah blah blah and that i wasnt technically speeding or driving recklessly so they couldnt do me for anything. point taken and asked not to race police cars again, to which i replied 'dont race me then'

at this point i was ordered on my way :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
I would have said "If I knew you were the poilce I wouldn't have tried to race you".

Thats obvious really, but true none the less.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts