Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went under my V6 for the first time this morning, to try and locate the sources of two small leaks I have.

My coolant is the only fluid that seems to be dropping, but I'm not 100% that it's coolant ending up on the floor.

The third picture is where I think the first leak is coming from, it's just under the cambelt. The second picture is the second place that I think a leak is coming from, what is this tube?

THe first picture is a bit of wheel arch missing. How would I go about getting a replacement for this?

I'm pretty stumped on how to find these leaks, there is two and they're only small.

Do you have any ideas on what it may be?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
That looks more like oil and if so, my suspicion would be the oil cooler - a known trouble spot.

Behind the bumper on the right side will be a small radiator like device. That's the oil cooler. Follow the pipes back towards the engine and one will possibly be the pipe in your second picture.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not oil cooler pipes.....power steering pipes.

Clive
Is the oil cooler on the drivers side or the passenger side?

Clive, those pipes are coming from the power steering? Where should I look to have a look for that? I haven't noticed the power steering fluid going down

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Not sure I've ever seen a cover on the nearside especially on 6 speeds as the gearbox protrudes beyond the arch liner.

Clive

1 - 10 of 10 Posts