Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I just bought a new under tray cover, but i dont have the bolt and screws.

How many and what size bolts do i need to get?

156 SW JTS

Hope you can help :)

Peter

·
Registered
218 Posts
would these bolts be the same bolts used to secure the bumpers?
...wow they rust a lot and would recommend additional protection where possible.

Since I need some of the bumper bolts too (sheered off etc when removed) would like to know where to source.

Maybe the info is here but couldn't workout which part of Item 8 they are?

FIAT ePER

·
Registered
218 Posts
sorry, I was selfishly looking at the 147.

The 156 is here:
FIAT ePER

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
Look on alfaworkshop's Shop page .. I got mine from there

Check that the rivet nuts are clear/still located in the 'chassis' rails especially the two at the back.

Not sure if JTS is same as TS, can't see why not, but I need 7 to locate my ali tray properly: three at front, two to inner wing supports, and two at rear.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
If you're planning on buying new bolts just buy M6 hex head bolts and penny washers.

The torx bolts are too much trouble.

All the best

Pub

Reactions: 66kegsti

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Your best bet by far is M6 x 25mm zinc plated cap screws, with penny washers as pub mentioned. 7 required, so long as all the fixings are still there. The ones in the wheelarch liners in particular might not be there, but you can probably sort something out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old subject, but I saw these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222122936526

Obviously these are not M6 bolts. Yet, they are being marketed as Alfa 156 engine undertray clips. I'm totally confused. I'm buying a new undertray and don't know exactly what fittings I need (my current one is held only with cable ties). Do I need M6 bolts, or these clips on eBay, or both? (And if I just need bolts, then what on earth are these clips for?)

Thanks

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 156 JTD 8v Veloce (2005)
261 Posts
Isn't it 9 bolts required? - 3 of the large headed torx bolts for under the front bumper, 1 x 10 mm bolt for each side into the legs at the front of each wheelarch (2 in total), another 1 x 10 mm bolt for each side into the side inner wing protection hanging from the inner wing metal-work (another 2) and one for each side on the back edge of the tray into the car's frame (making 6 bolts and 3 torx). Penny washers help spread the hanging load and stops the heads eating into the tray.

When you put them in grease/lubricate them well so they'll come out easily when you need to drop the tray for, say, oil changes. Maybe also have a couple of cable ties to hand to ease together the inner wing protectors and wheel arch liners to help align things up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts