Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what happened this morning, someone's shot one of my windows out :rant: :rant: :rant:
Worth calling the Police over?

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
I would!

Looks like an airgun pellet.

Wasn't a 18 month old shot by her brother in Brum yesterday?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Wasn't on the A47 was it? Something similar happened a couple of weeks ago. 5 people had their windows shot out.

Definately call the cops. It may only be a BB gun but could still cause you serious harm. And for it to do that to toughened glass it must be modified. Double spring one and you have a lethal weapon.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yep call the cops ASAP. They should take this seriously.

Single glaze or double :confused:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
That's not from a BB gun, unless it was point blank and even then it would be improbable.

I reckon it's from an air-rifle. Have a look around the room and see if you can find the offending pellet. It'll just be a lump of mishapen lead now though.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called the Police, they came round quite quickly, then asked around the neighbours; one of their kids owned up to doing it with a catapult, Mum will pay for the repairs. Case closed!
Cheers,
Simon

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Called the Police, they came round quite quickly, then asked around the neighbours; one of their kids owned up to doing it with a catapult, Mum will pay for the repairs. Case closed!
Cheers,
Simon
"asked around the neighbours" - I'm amazed at that! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
A very good friend of mine had a similar incident happen a few weeks ago. He's been targetted by local chavs/thugs/scum for quite some time now - break-ins, damage to his car, paint thrown over his windows, general property damage etc. The police are aware of this to the extent that he even had a panic alarm provided last year.

The local scum, however, decided to try to shoot out his back bedroom window recently (where he works on his pc) and left a hole very similar to the one posted above. the glass was toughened luckily or the damage would have been worse.
The police wouldn't even come out to LOOK at the damage nevermind DO anything about it.
The trajectory of the bullet led directly to the backyard of the local yobs.
My friend was asked by the police if he had 'ever considered moving house' :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts