Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have purchased a 2014 giulietta sportiva nav and I was wondering when using the navigation system should there be a speed limit announcement? At the moment all I get is two beeps when approaching a speed camera. All the relevant boxes are ticked in settings. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
15 Posts
there is on mine. You have to set how many mph above speed limit you want the announcement to kick in. It's utter rubbish though. The sat nav on my September 2015 has maps from June/July 2014 hence quite a few speed limits it gets wrong as they have been changed last year I think in the area I drive around. I called Alfa to ask what are the most recent maps and still waiting for a call back but I am not expecting miracles which is disappointing if you consider the fact that on a new car they charge 1000-1500 for sat nav.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
there is on mine. You have to set how many mph above speed limit you want the announcement to kick in. It's utter rubbish though. The sat nav on my September 2015 has maps from June/July 2014 hence quite a few speed limits it gets wrong as they have been changed last year I think in the area I drive around. I called Alfa to ask what are the most recent maps and still waiting for a call back but I am not expecting miracles which is disappointing if you consider the fact that on a new car they charge 1000-1500 for sat nav.
Interestingly you can update the maps on the Mito 5" Radio nav through the tomtom site, but there's no mention of the 6 1/2" system from the Giulietta. You do need a software version starting 15 I think though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interestingly you can update the maps on the Mito 5" Radio nav through the tomtom site, but there's no mention of the 6 1/2" system from the Giulietta. You do need a software version starting 15 I think though.
I think Uconnect 6.5 has a different map supplier navteq I think and this can only be updated via dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts