Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't know if any of you have experienced a squeak from the speakers in the parcel shelf when driving along. I have located the squeak to the O/S rear speaker in the parcel shelf but have no idea how to get to all the screws on the speaker to rectify. I've tried spraying a little WD40 in and about the speaker recess. This solved it temporarily, but now the little blighter is back with a vengence!

Any ideas or easy ways to remove the parcel shelf!? I am suspecting not....

:confused:

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
IIRC the speaker grille just has to be popped off to access the offending screw, then its just a matter of getting a screw driver in there, access is a bit tight because of the back window sloping.

If its the parcel shelf, its more hassle, the base of the rear seat has to be popped up and out, to spring clips near where the base meets the carpet, needs a good yank to unclip both sides. Then the rear seat upright has to come out, two bolts at the bottom, on the rear wheel arch, then lift up off a couple of brackets. The parcel shelf is held on with a series of screws and a single nut/stud that has to be undone from inside the boot. Only other watch out is the high level brake light, I cannot remember how I got that out, sorry, think it just needed the wire taking off.

Hopefully it can be got at from the speaker grille.

HTH

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it's a difficult one, especially as I have big hands! Think I'll try a really short screwdriver and get the missus to stick her hand in the hole - ooh err, matron.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Tell her she may have to climb upside down into the boot to fix it so she'll be motivated to get it right first time :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts