Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
As per subject pics are smaller than 100kb and smaller than 800x600 as per forum rules. browse to pic on PC, my click upload, my traffic meter shows that data is being uploaded from my PC, I get the twirly icon on the manage attachmetns screen but when this stops I keep getting---"Upload of file failed.."

Any tips for a newbie? (I could try uploading them to photobucket first but that may not solve the problem. One thing I do notice is thatat the bottomof tis posting area i see

>> vB code is On, Smilies are On, code is Off, HTML code is Off <<
ie IMG code off, however I felt this was folk not wanting just to upload as attchements,

I await your replies then you can all look at my horribly gooey and gungy intercooler pipe.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Join the club mate! Well I did last Christmas past, but it still refuses to play ball sometimes no matter how I re-size them. Then every so often it works, whereas other folk download massive after massives,(which really slow my computer almost to a halt!) and my tiddlypop ones get stuck. Good Luck with your attempts.:):

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
go advanced post

manage attachments

browse to the files [ must be less than 100k & < 800 x 600 ]

must be of certain extension types .... whats your extension type?

upload

close window

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOing all that and more!

Tried Renaming (to a shorter name), placing files in root folder, making them smaller ( already 640x480 so should have been fine and much less than 100kb )----All no difference, but just kept trying still no deal.

In reply re file type they're standard jpg's. Taken today and resized & cropped as necessary

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Hey, I want to address this problem with a self resizing image module, but under the current server test I am unable to do this right npw, please prod me in a couple of days by sending a PM and I will focus on this annoying problem, we want the site to be as user friendly as it can be (Without loosing features)

Regards,

AO

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
What a relief !! this afternoon I tried uploading and got only errors !
thought it was my stupidity.... phewww

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
e-mail me the pic''s & i'll post them for you or else upload to photobucket & link form there

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well just uploaded to pbucket and tried to 0attach to the url
STILL FAILED!!:confused:

anyway these are the direct urls

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/martinSV1/intercooler_end.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/martinSV1/turbo_end2.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/martinSV1/turbo_end.jpg

And here's the original post just in case anyone can help,
thanks for all your replies re the pics.

Martin

Subject: IS this normal >>1st time undertray off-- oily gunge all over intercooler pipe.

Hi there,
My first post and 1st oil change job on my 156 jtd 8valve 05 model. ( previous owner used dealer for servicing)
In spite of it being a nuisance having to remove an undertray before work commenced I was pleased to see how clean the engine bay was.
Apart that is from the intercooler pipe (see pics). Is this normal? My guess is that as the pipe transports cooler (possibly lower than ambient) air its prone to condensation of any oil vapour that happens to be about. But if so where does ther oil come from? Hope you experienced types can help. If normal I'll just clean it off.
thanks

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Normally it's a pipe that's aged and become pourous, it's only rubber and oil will find a way out of an engine at some point.

G

·
That is really odd. I've tried all sorts of ways to upload one of your pics and it just doesn't want to.

I'm intrigued now :lol:

Hmmmmm :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, intrigued,
Perhaps try and post one of your own and if that fails would indicate the server/site is having issues which hopefully can be addressed
thanks for trying to help,
martin

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
i saved it to my desktop & then uploaded it...... works for me :cheese:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just tried the same, ie dloaded it from pbucket to desktop and tried to upload---no dice, Something wierd that affects some users PC's perhaps. as reported in this thread. Hopefully the site techs will investigate, in th emantime I just use Pbucket and add the links.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I've had fun with this too, put them on photobucket and got a link on AO but it was a link to the whole of my account:eek:
So deleted it sharpish because you dont need to see me in my mankini:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts