Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start while out I had a text from a petrol head friend telling me he had just seen, a Ferrari F50 near where I live. On the way home myself what do I see coming the other way, but the F50. Waiting to pull round a badly parked BMW (LOL) I couldn't resist flashing him to let him out, and gave him the thumbs up. I got a thumbs up back followed by the music of a Ferrari V12, as he gave me a demonstration :cool:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i think the F50 is the only supercar ive never seen on the road, not keen on the looks but aparently it is the bees knees on the track, theres a Zonda i see quite regularly in northampton, as well as an awful chaved murcielargo, and a bright yellow carrera gt, but with santa pod just up the road and silverstone just down the road we get a mixture of supercars and shocking max powered heaps of ****, especially on the A45 on a sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
F50:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: nice one eddie... best i've ever seen is an enzo down in wiltshire a couple of years back, that was some sight!:eek:

·
Registered
445 Posts
absolutley brill! Near where i live there is a abundance of supercars, to list a few:

Bentley continental GT
Ferrari 360 stradale
Ferrari 360 modena
Loads of Porkas
Pagani Zonda
Lambo mercielago

and my favorite a ford GT40 replica

The list goes on, too many rich people, shame im not one of them:(

·
Registered
115 Posts
We were stuck in Sydney traffic behind a Diablo once. Very, wide and very low but the pilot given no opportunity to give her a squirt. It was an absolute I turner though, pedestrians gaping in awe and a busload of Japanese tourists disgorging from a baus to take photos.
I also saw two red Ferrari 348s in a suburb down the road a few months ago. Amazing exhaust sound.

We see plenty of boring Porshes around the traps. I was a Cayenne S yesterday. Ugly car that.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm in cool car heaven in my home town too, off the top of my head there are:-

2 x Ferrari 360
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 575
5 x Porsche 911 GT3
Bentley Continental GT
Aston Martin V8 Vantage

But the absolute BEST car on the road (Apart from my 145 of course) is an Audi Quattro Sport UR (Very rare and lovely) :cool:

Not bad for a small market town out in the sticks :D

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
2 different blokes at the end of my road have bentley continental gt's :vomit: horribly ugly cars:rolleyes: but one of them also has a 360 modena so i'll let him off. it's in ferrari rosso and it's just utterly glorious but sadly he doesn't seem to take it out much any more:( . as for the other one, his daily drive is a merc c200 and his wife has a bmw so he's off to room 101 along with his hideous behemoth of a car as far as i'm concerned :D

on a side note i had lunch at a nice little italian in wilmslow (cheshire) last saturday facing the local aston garage; there was an upmarket lingerie shop opening up next door with some scantily clad ladies handing out leaflets on the pavement outside and i'm ashamed to say i went to bed dreaming of astons that night:lol:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to go to bed dreaming of Annie Aston from the Golden Shot, but if you're under 45, you won't know what I'm talking about :rolleyes: :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in no way in a posh area, but as well as the F50 yesterday I once saw a 288 GTO, now that is rare!

It was about 6 years ago as I was in my 33, and I remember following it and thinking it was a rather lowered 308 until I saw the badge on the back. I had to wind the window down, turn the radio off and listen :cool:

·
Registered
115 Posts
superturismo said:
I was a Cayenne S yesterday. Ugly car that.

How did u manage that one? pics please, lol :lol:[/QUOTE]

Should read "I was behind a Cayman S". Not only can I not not spell; I got the name of the car wrong as well!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BigFoot said:
That was some car you saw Eddie :cool:

Never saw one on the road, only at a Ferrari exhibition here in Tokyo years ago. :inlove:
Made my Saturday :D Pretty sure I heard him having fun in the distance on the A2 later in the day too.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it seems there is some money about in Dartford, sadly not in my wallet.

Yesterday I followed a F40 up Princes road in Dartford. I was disgusted by the copper though that was following me, and proceeded to cut me up coming off a roundabout. I am sure he wanted to get behind the F40 in the hope of pulling him over :mad:

So, so far in the dartford are over the years I have seen;

288GTO :cool:
F50 :cool:
F40 :cool:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are a couple of F50's bombing around Ingatestone/Brentwood quite alot. Clearly they are jealous of my diesel chugging along as they did not wave!

·
Registered
283 Posts
VO2Max said:
I used to go to bed dreaming of Annie Aston from the Golden Shot, but if you're under 45, you won't know what I'm talking about :rolleyes: :D
At 42, I disagree (but wouldn't have known what to do with her).

No wonder Bernie shot his bolt every week.;)

One of the chaps I was at a track day with on Saturday was tracking his Vanquish.:cool:

It wasn't as good on petrol as my JTD.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts