Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer tells me that their new Spider has arrived and will be available for VIP previews from today.

Just wondering how many people will be making a special trip to check it out.

He also tells me that the 2.4jtd and 3.2 Auto is now available to order. I can't see the diesel selling in a convertible.....not a nice sound with the roof down!

What do we think???

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I agree with you regarding the diesel version Big Al. The one to go for is the 3.2 Q4, the engine and exhaust sounds are awesome :cool: It's probably the only car that would persuade me to give up my GT if I could afford one.

Unfortunately we no longer have an Alfa dealership in Bristol, so I'd have to make a 90 mile round trip. Just glad I got to drive one back in the summer :D

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
My local dealer tells me that their new Spider has arrived and will be available for VIP previews from today.

Just wondering how many people will be making a special trip to check it out.

He also tells me that the 2.4jtd and 3.2 Auto is now available to order. I can't see the diesel selling in a convertible.....not a nice sound with the roof down!

What do we think???
Not going myself - did you go and if so what did you think of it???

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Saw two in my local dealer on Friday. Apparently five have been pre-ordered with them. "What, on the basis of just having driven the Brera?" I said, "No, on not driving anything at all" replied the saleswoman.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was under the impression that the 3.2 and 2.2 would arrive in the UK first (at launch), with the 2.4 JTD arriving later in the year?

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Spider Launch ??

Don't tell me.........it's another Top Gear 'project' to see JUST how far a bird eating spider would launch if it was strapped to a Veryron at full speed and then the anchors slammed on............:lol:

Lets just hope Alfa don't mis-spell it and have Spiders for Lunch :eek:

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
I was under the impression that the 3.2 and 2.2 would arrive in the UK first (at launch), with the 2.4 JTD arriving later in the year?

diesel......convertible............diesel......convertible............diesel......convertible............

Ummmmmmm. Just coz everyone else seem to be doing it.......and they're rubbish too.

WHY ????? FFS !!!!!1

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I'll be along to the dealer to see it... only at a weekend though !! :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hope so !! ;)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Its a lovely looking car, especially in red! Its been out here since about October so theres plenty in dealers but still to see one out on the road! :(

I think the main problem is the price - 32k!! You can get a 2 or 3 year old Maser Spider for that with a TTV8! Oh and then theres the wight, going on for 2 ton.

This car should have been at least 300kg lighter and 5k cheaper, then Alfa really would have had a winner on their hands.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts