Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Off to Miami on the 20th, have got a second suitcase just for my purchases! (Oakleys, Timberlands, Music etc.) was wondering whether the US PS3 Games are compatible with the UK (PAL) PS3 Console?

Answers on a postcard... excuse the pun!

Cheers.

N

·
0 Posts
Taking a suitcase when you can buy a nice new one over there? Amateur mistake!! :p ;)

No idea on the PS3 regioning. I thought it was technically included, but not on by default.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I don't think you can play US / Jap games on a European PS3. There will possibly be a firmware hack available somewhere that will allow you to bypass any region coding security but that will probably just a)fk your system up, b)mess up Sony's update system so you might not have access to all the latest features and c) invalidate any warrenty you might have have

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

daKlone - did you find that on the web anywhere? if so do you have a link?

Nev - already got the cases.. leaves more money for purchases!

PS. Any requests ;) :lol:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
From Wikipedia:

Like the PSP, the PlayStation 3 is region free for gaming when it comes to PS3 games. All games available for the PlayStation 3 are region free, however backward compatibility modes (ie. PlayStation 1 and 2 games) are region locked. Blu-ray Disc and DVD region codes are also enforced.[1]. While the PS3 does have hardware regional lockout support[3], Sony apparently has no intentions to use it.

Regional lockout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gamespot: GameSpot Forums - PlayStation 3 - Are PS3 games region coded???

Sony's Playstation Forum: Region codes on games - PLAYSTATION®3 General - PlayStation.com Forums

·
Registered
10,019 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the back-up data! Might as well get a few while the exchange rate is in my favour!

Just read online playing could be an issue - I'll look into it further :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts