Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post so am wearing flameproof overalls. :)

Probably UK specific...

I am thinking about ordering a Guilia QV but a little confused on the options in the UK configurator:

The rear parking sensors are available as an option at £176 but are elsewhere presented as front/rear std. Any idea what this means?

The car alarm is an option at £305. I guess this a a no-brainer option unless planning to go with aftermarket. What have others done?

Alfa Connected Services is an option at £395. Is it worthwhile?

HK Audio is no longer available as an option. What opinions on this? Will it come back? Is it a bug on the web site?

Did anyone come from a BMW 1M to a Guilia QV. Any stories/advice?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Are you looking at the UK configurator Andrew?

The rear parking sensors and alarm are both standard fit. Can't comment on connected services as wasn't available when I bought my car.

The HK upgrade has indeed disappeared from the configurator. I took this option when it was £950 and I have to say the sound quality is not great in my opinion. I doubt that I would option it again if I was ordering now, so no great loss.

I came from an M5, rather than a 1M, but my wife had a 135i. I can tell you that the Quad is a better car than both. The steering, turn in, grip and traction are all excellent and ride quality compared to the latest M3/4, C63S, RS4 etc is brilliant. The seating position is as good as it gets and the DNA driving modes well judged with meaningful differences between each mode. Don't believe what you read about 'cheap interior' - all the touch points are very good and control weights are faultless. The flappy paddles are the best you'll find.

The only slight annoyance for me is lack of separate switch for exhaust flap mode. My advice would be to save the money on the Connected Services and have an aftermarket remote control flap control fitted, for eg, the one offered by AHM. Being able to have the exhaust in full song without having to be in Race mode has made an enjoyable car even better for me.

Hope this helps and happy shopping.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Be careful. Apparently some people are sticking Cloverleaf badges on cheap and nasty Veloces in a pathetic attempt at car-forgery. Get expert advice from the AA or Halfords to make sure that your QV really is a QV. I understand that, if you look really closely, the real QVs have exactly double the number of tailpipes than a non-QV which is a bit of a giveaway. Another sign is that the seller might refer to it as a "QF"! Hard to imagine, I know.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Are you looking at the UK configurator Andrew?

The rear parking sensors and alarm are both standard fit. Can't comment on connected services as wasn't available when I bought my car.

The HK upgrade has indeed disappeared from the configurator. I took this option when it was £950 and I have to say the sound quality is not great in my opinion. I doubt that I would option it again if I was ordering now, so no great loss.

I came from an M5, rather than a 1M, but my wife had a 135i. I can tell you that the Quad is a better car than both. The steering, turn in, grip and traction are all excellent and ride quality compared to the latest M3/4, C63S, RS4 etc is brilliant. The seating position is as good as it gets and the DNA driving modes well judged with meaningful differences between each mode. Don't believe what you read about 'cheap interior' - all the touch points are very good and control weights are faultless. The flappy paddles are the best you'll find.

The only slight annoyance for me is lack of separate switch for exhaust flap mode. My advice would be to save the money on the Connected Services and have an aftermarket remote control flap control fitted, for eg, the one offered by AHM. Being able to have the exhaust in full song without having to be in Race mode has made an enjoyable car even better for me.

Hope this helps and happy shopping.
what he said, but i don't think a 1M is in anyway comparable whatsoever tbh. apples and pears.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Be careful. Apparently some people are sticking Cloverleaf badges on cheap and nasty Veloces in a pathetic attempt at car-forgery. Get expert advice from the AA or Halfords to make sure that your QV really is a QV. I understand that, if you look really closely, the real QVs have exactly double the number of tailpipes than a non-QV which is a bit of a giveaway. Another sign is that the seller might refer to it as a "QF"! Hard to imagine, I know.
Fairly obvious if you open the bonnet surely?

Andy

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
The only slight annoyance for me is lack of separate switch for exhaust flap mode. My advice would be to save the money on the Connected Services and have an aftermarket remote control flap control fitted, for eg, the one offered by AHM. Being able to have the exhaust in full song without having to be in Race mode has made an enjoyable car even better for me

@Andrew, perhaps by the time you will order the car this will be already fitted with the standard features regarding the exhaust note in D:

https://moparinsiders.com/alfa-romeo-adds-new-standard-feature-on-quadrifoglio-models-this-month/

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
This just alters the map so that the flap is open in dynamic as well as race. What would have been better is if AR fitted a separate button or option in infotainment to have the flap open in any of the modes. That way, we could all sound pollute whilst saving the planet in advanced efficiency mode!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Also, the HK option forced you into paying £535 for the convenience pack which gives me keyless entry that I don't want (will turn it off), a storage compartment (do I really have to pay for this?!?!) and exterior door handle lights (nice but not wort £535). So if you want HK it actually costs £1484. But yes, I still specc'ed it... more fool me.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Also, the HK option forced you into paying £535 for the convenience pack which gives me keyless entry that I don't want (will turn it off), a storage compartment (do I really have to pay for this?!?!) and exterior door handle lights (nice but not wort £535). So if you want HK it actually costs £1484. But yes, I still specc'ed it... more fool me.
i specced the alu fuel filler cap...who knows why...which doesnt even fit in the holder...most fool me i think.

OP dont spec that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts