Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,817 Posts
I like most of them. Lots of styling ideas taken from 70s Jeeps. I wish Bolton was warm and dry enough to drive around in a cj7 with no doors.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
934 Posts
At least they look like a mans 4x4 and not the tarts boudoirs/mummies shopping trolleys being produced by Range Rover.
Yes totally agree about "Land Rover" Range Rover ... too upmarket .... hopefully they will get it right with the defender replacement but I fear the worst.

I liked the Renegade Comanche Pickup actually I've always wondered why Land Rover dont build a pickup .. its a massive market they should be in that ...

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes totally agree about "Land Rover" Range Rover ... too upmarket .... hopefully they will get it right with the defender replacement but I fear the worst.
What, you mean sell 50,000 a year like the Evoque instead of the
2,000 per annum the Defender was selling?

These design studies were revealed at the Easter Jeep Jamboree in Utah,
not Geneva, which kinda says something.

Horses for courses. Some people need a car that'll do everything including
sit nicely on an autoroute at 137kph*. And neither a Wrangler or Defender nor probably these Jeeps
fit in that category.

:p

*The max speed in France before you'll get a ticket.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which one? And where would you use it, Debdale Park?

BTW these are not SUVs. ;)

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, roughly. To offset any possible inaccuracies.

I used to regularly get busted at ~150kph which
lead to (at the time) 68 Euros and a point.

It's 90 Euros these days, I think.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Having spent a fair bit of time weeks on end in the field scheming with multi-axle drive heavy wheeled vehicles,and tracked, I choose comfort in everything now as much as possible? :):

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes, roughly. To offset any possible inaccuracies.

I used to regularly get busted at ~150kph which
lead to (at the time) 68 Euros and a point.

It's 90 Euros these days, I think.
Maybe I should move to France haha

My brother just got busted (in Australia) doing 162kph in a 110kph zone yesterday and he got a 6 month driving suspension and a ~735 Euro fine!

Mind you he was in a 1.6L 100bhp VW Golf so he is going to challenge the speed as its top speed is only like 186kph and that thing is totally gutless so is going to try and get the speed downgraded to about 150kph then at least he wont lose his license for 6 months!

OT
All modern Jeeps are hideous. Also horribly built, cheap American POS imo. I wouldn't be caught dead driving one. They're just horrid vehicles.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having spent a fair bit of time weeks on end in the field scheming with multi-axle drive heavy wheeled vehicles,and tracked, I choose comfort in everything now as much as possible? :):

With the SUVs you can almost have both
worlds these days, ZF.

On road comfort and off-piste capability. ;)

You're right that these Jeep concepts would probably be
lacking in the former though. ;)

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think the new renegade is the ugliest jeep/4x4 ive seen in a long time,i had a good look round one yesterday and couldnt find a single nice line.The fiat 500x and the evoque are my favs atm.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts