Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your slant on UFO's, ET's and so forth ???

Believer...Disbeliever...Jury is out ???

I've always since a child believed we cannot be alone...

I'm intrigued by the fact this world as we know it has suddenly over the past 20 yrs evolved so quickly technology wise.

How DID we get so clever virtually overnight in the grand scheme of things ? :confused:

Yep I've had a slurp or 2 but it's always been a personal burning question :confused:

And NO it ain't heartburn before you ask :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Believer. Seen something very strange in Swansea when I was about 15. Got the street out to see it so people would believe me but it was on the news, in the papers etc.

We did a thread like this a while back:)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Seeing is believing, so if you have you do, and if you haven't you don't. Can't give a definitive answer myself for reasons which must be withheld from public consumption. ;)

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believer. Seen something very strange in Swansea when I was about 15. Got the street out to see it so people would believe me but it was on the news, in the papers etc.

We did a thread like this a while back:)
Apologies didn't realise it had been done before...

Had a similar thing as a child in Manchester...
Probably took one look at the surroundings and thought **** this... Lets get out of here :eek:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Apologies didn't realise it had been done before...

Had a similar thing as a child in Manchester...
Probably took one look at the surroundings and thought **** this... Lets get out of here :eek:
Nowt wrong with another thread:thumbs: I wasn't scared when I saw it but it looked like an Imperial Star Destroyer!

No radar sigs recorded at either St Athan or Brawdy or Cardiff Wales airport.

This was 1984/5. In later life I thought it may have been an early B2 Stealth Bomber but I reckon it was five times the size of one of them and silent.

All you could feel was bass, like a sub woofer.

I also had an NDE when I was 17.

Lots of weird stuff out there!!

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
I'm a total non-believer, sorry about that, but you asked:)

It doesn't matter how many billions of stars and planets that revolve
the only one we know is this one so far, so, to me anything else is guessing

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nowt wrong with another thread:thumbs: I wasn't scared when I saw it but it looked like an Imperial Star Destroyer!

No radar sigs recorded at either St Athan or Brawdy or Cardiff Wales airport.

This was 1984/5. In later life I thought it may have been an early B2 Stealth Bomber but I reckon it was five times the size of one of them and silent.

All you could feel was bass, like a sub woofer.

I also had an NDE when I was 17.

Lots of weird stuff out there!!
Exactly...:thumbs:
I've an open mind to most things...

PS. They hide behind the clouds, but you never heard it from me right ;)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
it's all cobblers. somewhere out there in the infinite vastness of space i'm sure there's some kind of other life forms, but i'll bet my taters none of them have ever been here :thumbs:

there's a ufo-spotting place about an hour up the road from here - right up in the pennine wilds where all the proper inbred hillbillies live. they spend all their time dribbling and pointing in wonder at these strange flying craft they see up in the sky. or 'planes' as we like to call them :lol:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I'd like to believe, but am far too cynical...

I did spot something inexplicable in the sky once though :D

G

·
0 Posts
With Al on this. Highly likely that there was/is/will be other sentient life forms out there at some point. However, the likelihood of them being sentient at the same time in the history of the universe as us and happening to visit our planet as well seems incredibly unlikely to me.

M

·
0 Posts
I still find myself grappling with how 'we' ended up here.

However, if there are a few friendlies lurking in the distance, and they enjoy scotch and spanners, well, I'll embrace them:)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
there's a ufo-spotting place about an hour up the road from here - right up in the pennine wilds where all the proper inbred hillbillies live. they spend all their time dribbling and pointing in wonder at these strange flying craft they see up in the sky. or 'planes' as we like to call them :lol:
Al, I think you've become confused fella. I think you'll find it's Bethesda and some parts of Anglesey :lol:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Open-mided about the potential for it but doubt there's any real evidence.

However, Zed's answer is intriguingly enigmatic given his background.

MrsJim is convinced she and a mate witnessed one over Manchester in the mid-80's and she's a very sensible, scientific approach kind of person (who has never used drugs!)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I had my UFO experience on crystal clear September Sunday morning in broad daylight. Cylindrical object with rounded ends crossed the vapour trail of a 747 which had gone over a few minutes earlier and cut a clean gap straight through it. Then stopped the went off very very quickly. I don't want to believe in UFOs and agree with all the reasoning against them but WTF did I SEE.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Three questions:

1. Given the probability there's intelligent life out there, why haven't they made contact?
2. Why have UFO sightings only taken place since science fiction became popular?
3. If you want to see little green men, why not go to Dartford on a Saturday night?

K

·
0 Posts
I have an open mind on these things. I've never seen one, but then I've never seen a yorkshireman's wallet either.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts