Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I should have the network provider showing on the dash display?
My Mito would show "Vodafone" on the screen so I knew if I had a signal.....or not.

I have had some issues today and have had to pair the phone everytime I have got into the car.

Its the first time I have tried to use the phone and cant remember if the "Vodafone" was showning on the dash display.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I haven't got a Samsung but both my iPhone 4s (Vodafone) and my Sony Xperia (O2) show the network on the centre display behind steering wheel. Top right hand corner

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think its back to the dealer.
I have to pair the phone up everytime i get in the car.
I'm sure it was working ok with Vodafone on the dash display when I picked it up last week.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
My iPhone connects automatically whereas the Sony has to be unlocked before it will connect. But does stay connected when locked again.

Does sound like a glitch with either the phone or car

·
Registered
154 Posts
Get auto connect app from store.. samsung is doing that for whatever reason(security), but I have this app and it is ok ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just downloaded the app so will try it out tomorrow.
The network is still not showing on the dash display as in my previous Mito.
Also I have just noticed that I can only access 1 album from my phone.
If I use the phone to change album then the car then sees the new album only.
I have deleted the phone and done a restore in the car settings and re paired the phone but still the same....
Whats bugging me is I am 99% sure the network was showing when I picked it up last week...m

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Konradnc......I have downloaded and installed the app and its seems to have cured the conection issue.
I have turned the phone off and restarted and also walked away from the bluetooth range with the phone and as soon as I turn on the Uconnect system it shows the bluetooth symbol immediatley......
So hopefully problem solved.

I can live without searching through all by albums on the phone as it would just drain the battery anyway, so no big problem there.

The only thing now is to figure out how to get the network operator to show on the dash...
Where I live there are quiet a few bad reception areas on all networks so it is nice to be able to glance at the dash to know if I have a signal or not.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is easier to play music from usb stick or sd card and it saves battery ;)
btw you should be happy you cant browse your phone from car ;) it is kinda security thing ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is easier to play music from usb stick or sd card and it saves battery ;)
btw you should be happy you cant browse your phone from car ;) it is kinda security thing ;)
I have a large USB stick that I used in my Mito and I am quite happy to use that.
And it will also save my battery :)

Just wish I could figure out the Network display on the dash.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts