Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy there everyone.

I need some help with attaching a new head unit into my 2009 MiTo.

I have bought it from a Hungarian marketplace, it is a VP2 955 HU from a '14 MiTo, and I have the unlock code for it.

The only problem is I can't enter the 4 digits because there are no any kind of numpads.

It says to me "Code error, please wait...". After ~10 minutes the text change to "Code error, please restart the system". After I restart it it begins from "...please wait..."
Maybe someone here who make this s**** work?

Cheers

Sharky27 from Hungary... :party:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only bought a new cable wich makes the ISO compatible with it. But after this step I've stucked.

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Do you think you need to tell the ECU you have put the uconnect unit into your car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys, the cable is the problem, if you can't type in the unlock code... You have to manage the CAN A and B pins, to the right one on the VP2 head units pin out. After ( a few months 😂) I had a lot of freetime for today on a rainy day, and talking with someone, who was not so responsible, IT IS WORKING!

Now the sound is coming from the new HU and bluetooth is working, the only thing I have to manage is the MIC input and the steering wheel control... But it can enable and disable the Autoclose, it responds with dimming if I switch the headlights, and everything else. Somehow it doesn't show the outside temperature, but I don't know the reason now... but I will figure it out.

Have a nice holiday everyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. The next step is to make proxy alignment but it can't do it.
Here are the problems screenshot.

Hope you can help guys.

Anyway, I've tried to connect a normal microphone to the 29-30 pins, but nothing happens, is there any trickie part for that?

Thank you for your help

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts