Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Do you know what's the latest available version for maps on UConnect 6.5". My car is roughly 2 weeks old and I have software version 14.45.00 and maps 20140407 which seems very very old. I've recently noticed while driving between Knutsford and Mac that built in nav shows 60 mph limit while signs on the road are on 50 mph. I heard that on new Uconnects dealership has to upgrade maps but I would expect the latest on the new car.
Does anyone of you have newer maps so I know if it's worth pushing them for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
Hi Guys,
Do you know what's the latest available version for maps on UConnect 6.5". My car is roughly 2 weeks old and I have software version 14.45.00 and maps 20140407 which seems very very old. I've recently noticed while driving between Knutsford and Mac that built in nav shows 60 mph limit while signs on the road are on 50 mph. I heard that on new Uconnects dealership has to upgrade maps but I would expect the latest on the new car.
Does anyone of you have newer maps so I know if it's worth pushing them for it?

Thanks
Not sure about the dealership upgrade. Mine was still out of the factory settings in Russian! But I got mine from Mango's so I can understand why.

I'll have a look at my version numbers tomorrow.

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
Noticed today when I drove from Stockport to Reading the nav was constantly telling me to come off the motorway. Now I know the way and done it loads of time M6/M42/M40/M4 in loads of different cars and the nav uses the same route as does Google. The only reason I put it on is to check on the arrival time. On the return journey I checked that it was set to fastest and not shortest etc. It still constantly kept telling me come off the motorway but I noticed when looking at the display it would say like arrival time 17.30 then after I ignored the request to come off the motorway it would recalculate the route and then display an arrival time of 17.20! so it was trying to take me on a longer journey. What's worrying though is that if I didn't know where I was going I would off come off the motorway. Next time I do the same route I'm going to follow the instructions and see where it takes me.

Anyway as a side note over 420 miles at a constant 70-80 I averaged 38.5 mpg and still got a quarter tank left. Well happy with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts