Alfa Romeo Forum banner

241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
Fiat Ducato 2016
4 Posts
The uConnect 5 is not my speciality... but I have some info that may help, though its in Italian.

First off I would check your software version and try to do the update again it yourself. The files you need should be on my MEGA share.

You say your uConnect is a 250, are you sure its not a 334 - they look the same, but have different software - make sure you download the correct one.

F5D12821-F8AB-4824-9475-15446D10CC41.jpeg
new Software Update again doesnt work. Radio writes: you have the Same Version already installed. so i think, i dont can do nothing. Downgrade Not Working. And theres in higher Version for Update Since the 13.xxxx
Thank u for your answere. Uconnect 5 are not your Speciality... thats a shame for me. In 6.5 you are Great i See. I also have wondered because there so much about 6.5 around the Web and so many for 5.0. thanks for your help:) Life must goes on too, without a navi for 5.0. greetings, Selina.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Have you tried resetting your uConnect using the engineers menu?

Radio + Media + Browse for approx 10sec to get into the menu

There may be a reset option in there.

I have a document about updating the uConnect 5, that looks to have a error like you have....only problem is the document is in Italian.
I have uploaded it onto the share for you to have a look at.

·
Registered
Fiat Ducato 2016
4 Posts
Have you tried resetting your uConnect using the engineers menu?

Radio + Media + Browse for approx 10sec to get into the menu

There may be a reset option in there.

I have a document about updating the uConnect 5, that looks to have a error like you have....only problem is the document is in Italian.
I have uploaded it onto the share for you to have a look at.
of course, the Option in the Menü Settings where done. Factory Settings. But nothing. Same Problems. Also the Radio was cut of from the Battery for a view days and put out from the car. For the picture to look for what Radiotype are build in. But nothing. All options on the Radio are working. But Not the Maps. Yes i think there Must be a error. Have read in other Forums there are some Problems with Software and other things. But this was written for Cars with a extern Modul for the Radios. This one, my Car, dont have the extern Modul anymore says my Dealer.
U have uploaded something for my Problem, iSquithy...? But its in italy...
No sorrow, i can wait for it and maybe someday u find time to Share it with me. This would be Great :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
of course, the Option in the Menü Settings where done. Factory Settings. But nothing. Same Problems. Also the Radio was cut of from the Battery for a view days and put out from the car. For the picture to look for what Radiotype are build in. But nothing. All options on the Radio are working. But Not the Maps. Yes i think there Must be a error. Have read in other Forums there are some Problems with Software and other things. But this was written for Cars with a extern Modul for the Radios. This one, my Car, dont have the extern Modul anymore says my Dealer.
U have uploaded something for my Problem, iSquithy...? But its in italy...
No sorrow, i can wait for it and maybe someday u find time to Share it with me. This would be Great :)
Could you send me picture of the error (first one not very clear) and what happens if you press the onscreen buttons?

·
Registered
162 Posts
What's the difference between version 17.07 and later versions?

I tend not to use my navigation and would like to speed the system up. Bluetooth stutters sometimes. Booting also takes me too long :)

Android auto would be nice, but probably too much asked :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
What's the difference between version 17.07 and later versions?

I tend not to use my navigation and would like to speed the system up. Bluetooth stutters sometimes. Booting also takes me too long :)

Android auto would be nice, but probably too much asked :)
Not much other than the loss of ability to modify the system.
Both v17.07.xx and v18.xx.xx both boot up at similar speeds, some note v17 has a faster boot that v18.

Some bug fixes in v18 such as the clock sync issue

No android auto / CarPlay on any firmware.

Personally would (and have) stay at v17.07.55 as it can be modified and not too much wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-F907B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Fiat Ducato 2016
4 Posts
Could you send me picture of the error (first one not very clear) and what happens if you press the onscreen buttons?

the “yes“ (ja) Button are do nothing. On Yes Screen are the Same like on the picture. It doesnt work and do nothing. No reaction on tu. An At „no“ (nein) Button i am back on the Radio Screen.
I think, like all the things i have read here about, i would need a usb Stick with Maps on it, to have a working yes (ja) Button.
the Option „prepare your Stick for map Updates“ are there, but when i Stick a right Formates usb Stick in the Port, it does nothing. Tryed it with 3 different sticks. I think i need to smash this Radio...🔨

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone & iSquithy,
Reading this thread is absorbing my evenings recently:) However in such big bunch of content I can't recall if I found straight answer to my issue. I have device 8.4 on chrysler with version 18.43 VP4NA Naviserver 9.10
I would like to convert it to EU and now there is a question. Could the same UPD modification be used for 18 version like for 17 ? is that any way back to downgrade version using previous image? I have downloaded UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.11.07_MY13 but please confirm seems to be one of the script is watchdog preventing lower versions to run?
What would you advice to do with 18.43.01 VP4NA?
thanks in advance for your kind answer.

Rgs.
Steamgtx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello iSquithy & Everyone,

This is my first posting and need some urgent help !

I have a Giulietta 2014, I started updating my maps and something has horribly gone wrong. I now get the white screen boot up, then a blue screen requesting "insert updated USB".

I have done a backup of my system when it was version 14. I updated to 17.07.55 and that all seemed fine. I then rebooted the nav system and tried updating the maps to the EU 2017 full. I then got the undefined error when viewing the system information and activating navigation. So yesterday rebooted the uconnect again before repeating the map update. After 40 minutes or so it asked if I wanted to update and by mistake pressed yes. The system started to update then an error came on the screen, rebooted and I got this white boot up screen with the " Insert Updated USB " message.

What can I do to correct this?

Do I try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and see if it then boots, Do I try updating the software again to 17.07.55, do I try a restore from the backup I made and if so how do I do that please.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:Dale

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Hello iSquithy & Everyone,

This is my first posting and need some urgent help !

I have a Giulietta 2014, I started updating my maps and something has horribly gone wrong. I now get the white screen boot up, then a blue screen requesting "insert updated USB".

I have done a backup of my system when it was version 14. I updated to 17.07.55 and that all seemed fine. I then rebooted the nav system and tried updating the maps to the EU 2017 full. I then got the undefined error when viewing the system information and activating navigation. So yesterday rebooted the uconnect again before repeating the map update. After 40 minutes or so it asked if I wanted to update and by mistake pressed yes. The system started to update then an error came on the screen, rebooted and I got this white boot up screen with the " Insert Updated USB " message.

What can I do to correct this?

Do I try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and see if it then boots, Do I try updating the software again to 17.07.55, do I try a restore from the backup I made and if so how do I do that please.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:Dale
Hello Dalef

First off, don't panic lol! It's an easy fix.

The uConnect is in firmware update mode, to fix it you just need to update the firmware, just like you did the first time.

Use the official 17.07.55 update file, put onto a USB and let it run through the update. It will finish and reboot into the normal uConnect radio (volume will be set to 0).

The nav will NOT work yet though. To get the nav working you need to either:

Do the full map update again, this will re-updates the map files and install the modified system files needed for the maps remember to say NO at the end

Or you could try the NaviServer update zip from the tools section of MEGA to just install the modified system files.... but again say NO when asked about updating.

Any further problems feel free to ask again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Hi Everyone & iSquithy,
Reading this thread is absorbing my evenings recently:) However in such big bunch of content I can't recall if I found straight answer to my issue. I have device 8.4 on chrysler with version 18.43 VP4NA Naviserver 9.10
I would like to convert it to EU and now there is a question. Could the same UPD modification be used for 18 version like for 17 ? is that any way back to downgrade version using previous image? I have downloaded UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.11.07_MY13 but please confirm seems to be one of the script is watchdog preventing lower versions to run?
What would you advice to do with 18.43.01 VP4NA?
thanks in advance for your kind answer.

Rgs.
Steamgtx
Hi Steamgtx,

Unfortunately the answer is no. The UPD update system so far has proved to be unhackable and there is no way to downgrade your system to use the iso updates that are hackable, with out hardware modification.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Dalef

First off, don't panic lol! It's an easy fix.

The uConnect is in firmware update mode, to fix it you just need to update the firmware, just like you did the first time.

Use the official 17.07.55 update file, put onto a USB and let it run through the update. It will finish and reboot into the normal uConnect radio (volume will be set to 0).

The nav will NOT work yet though. To get the nav working you need to either:

Do the full map update again, this will re-updates the map files and install the modified system files needed for the maps remember to say NO at the end

Or you could try the NaviServer update zip from the tools section of MEGA to just install the modified system files.... but again say NO when asked about updating.

Any further problems feel free to ask again.

Hello,

Thank you for coming back to me, I thought I had really messed things up.

I re updated the firmware 17.07.55 and now the radio etc are now working :) initial panic over.

The nav software is still marked as undefined and has activating navigation message.

I tried updating the nav software to "EU Update 2017 HMEU2015Q4 -All". I completed after 40-50 minutes , this time I made sure I pressed no and removed the usb stick. I then rebooted the uconnect and still get the undefined and activating navigation. I then tried the nav server update but just coping the update onto a clean formatted usb stick, there was a small message that said file not supported. I then added the 17.07.55 iso file to the usb stick and tried that. Again said no to the update, rebooted and still no gps.

I have since re downloaded the "EU Update 2017 HMEU2015Q4 -All" map files, and the new 2019v2 map files along with the iso ( basically just about everything I could need :) )

So now do I retry the "EU Update 2017 HMEU2015Q4 -All" map files on a new usb stick?
or
now try the 2019v2 map files on a new usb stick as I plan to update to the latest anyway, I just wanted to get a fresh working backup before advancing to the 2019v2 maps.

Or is there something else I should do.

Sorry for the both but would much appreciate you help.

Many thanks

Dale

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Hello,

Thank you for coming back to me, I thought I had really messed things up.

I re updated the firmware 17.07.55 and now the radio etc are now working :) initial panic over.

The nav software is still marked as undefined and has activating navigation message.

I tried updating the nav software to "EU Update 2017 HMEU2015Q4 -All". I completed after 40-50 minutes , this time I made sure I pressed no and removed the usb stick. I then rebooted the uconnect and still get the undefined and activating navigation. I then tried the nav server update but just coping the update onto a clean formatted usb stick, there was a small message that said file not supported. I then added the 17.07.55 iso file to the usb stick and tried that. Again said no to the update, rebooted and still no gps.

I have since re downloaded the "EU Update 2017 HMEU2015Q4 -All" map files, and the new 2019v2 map files along with the iso ( basically just about everything I could need :) )

So now do I retry the "EU Update 2017 HMEU2015Q4 -All" map files on a new usb stick?
or
now try the 2019v2 map files on a new usb stick as I plan to update to the latest anyway, I just wanted to get a fresh working backup before advancing to the 2019v2 maps.

Or is there something else I should do.

Sorry for the both but would much appreciate you help.

Many thanks

Dale
Hi Dale,

Glad to hear the uConnect radio functions are now working. So for the Sat Nav I would not bother with any of the older map packs as during the update all the old maps are removed.

I would do a full 2019v2 update, that should fix the problem. It can sometimes take a few attempts to update the maps - particularly after a full system reinstall.

Regards

iSquithy

·
Registered
3 Posts
So just to update you,

I tried to update the 2017 maps and still got the undefined error and constant activating navigation message. I tried different usb keys and the navserv but no joy.

I rebooted the uConnect and then tried updating to 2019v2 maps and after a reboot and a few minutes wait, everything was up and running.

Thank you so much for all your effort and help regarding this.

Many thanks

Dale

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi iSquithy, thanks for your kind feedback. Going bit further. I saw earlier you have been reading eMMC by programmer. Did you finished with success? Would you share content of it with modificable version? I saw also someone advised downgrade by removing eMMC > initiate update and apply memory just during reboot. Do you have any experience in such procedure?

241 - 256 of 256 Posts