Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have had my Giulietta (2014 model) for a year now. Last week, the whole stereo system stopped when i tried calling from my phone (Dialing from the stereo and not from the phone directly). This hangs the sound (so the stereo works if i change between media, radio, phone, settings, etc, but no sound and the Phone function stays stuck on the call.

Now the main problem is that the stereo does not switch off (even if i keep the On/Off) button pressed. Switching off the car also does not switch off the stereo. The only way i managed to sort this out was to disconnect what i think is the earth cable on the battery.

This resets the system and also caused my dash to light up with loads of systems that failed, until i had to turn the steering to the left and right to re-calibrate the systems.

So. Is there a hard reset for the stereo in case this happens again? And is there a fix to the stereo to prevent this from happening please?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
AFAIK the only possibility to reset the system is disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The U Connect on my 500x does this. It is going in for a recall next week for an update on all the computer systems in the car. It might be worth checking if there is a recall on the Giulietta

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The U Connect on my 500x does this. It is going in for a recall next week for an update on all the computer systems in the car. It might be worth checking if there is a recall on the Giulietta
Hi. Thanks for the heads up. I will try to email UConnect to see if i could do the update myself (if there is one). I honestly do not trust the Alfa Romeo agent on the island.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they have any e-mail for sending feedback? I have quite some...
Honestly dont know. havent had a look. though im going to first enter the VIN number on their website to see if there isaan update if i can do it myself. If not, will try and figure out how i can get in touch with them to ask.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
though im going to first enter the VIN number on their website
As far as I know it works only for cars sold on the other side of the Pond...

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
You can reset the head unit in the settings. There is also one to delete all personal data that is different too..... I lost the sound on mine, did this & it was fine again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can reset the head unit in the settings. There is also one to delete all personal data that is different too..... I lost the sound on mine, did this & it was fine again.
Hi. Thanks. Is this directly from the settings menu from the stereo? As i had searched for some system reset from there though could not find one.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Hi. Thanks. Is this directly from the settings menu from the stereo? As i had searched for some system reset from there though could not find one.

Thanks
Yes, which could be tricky if its not switching on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts