Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at replacing my current 2013 Mito for a newer (used) model. My current car has Blue & Me with factory fitted satnav - a system I like and works well. With a newer model I would ideally like the UConnect - which I have no experience of - to have the Nav feature (middle button at the bottom) but most of the used cars I have looked at so far don't have that and the Nav button is a Settings button.
So I'm interested to know what options I have. I'm not keen on the idea of sticking a TomTom on the window with the incumbent trailing wires.
My 'ideal' car would have Nav, Bose, auto conditioning and the right engine of course, and I know, the only way to get those features is to buy new!
Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a FYI, I did get a 2015 mito with bose, nav, dual zone climate control, sunroof all in qv guise.
This was barely used just under a year old for ~30% less than list price.
There are deals to be had.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,212 Posts
My 2014 MiTO QV came with Uconnect / TomTom as standard. Other MiTo versions had Uconnect / TomTom as an option.
No idea what proportion were sold with that option.
I would say that the TomTom version hosted on the Uconnect is nothing special and inferior to the TomTom app on my iPhone which I generally use in preference.
A good combination is to view the map on the Uconnect and listen to the directions from the iPhone.

Andy

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It was just the MiTo QV that got nav as standard when Alfa introduced UConnect to the MiTo in mid/late 2013. On the other trim levels it was an option, so you'd have to look closely to guarantee you'd get it on any used purchase.

I believe the nav has become standard fit on more models since the 2016 facelift with the black grill and with the MiTo badge on the right of the bootlid, so might be worth hunting down one of those models.

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Check what the map update deal is. If it's the 150 quid a go FCA are starting to charge
for UConnect map data then you're better off sticking to your phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts