Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , i've ordered a Nero Etna Giulietta with red leather seats and 18" elegante sportspack yesterday . Since it is a MY2014 it includes the Uconnect system . When it is there i probably want to change the speakers . I did not take the Bose because i have/had a 147 with this system and i've thrown i out within a few months ( i do NOT like the sound ) .
Now i want to know what the power is of the uconnect system , or is it necessary to get a amp ? The amp by itself is no problem , but i do not like to unscrew half of the interior just because i want some decent sound . Is it just a 4x20 watt thing build in ( probably more like 4x10 ) or is it really decent that can be enough to have some nice speakers without problem .THX

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
The bose system has 550W spread over 10 speakers... they didn't have one to listen to? I love it, but never had a 156 or 147 with it so can't compare. the speakers all weigh double what the standard speakers weigh, which does help with the sound quality.

there are 2 other levels of soundsystem, with 6 or 8 speakers. I suppose the Uconnect gets 8 speakers but can't be sure. both get 4*30W channels.

These are all pre-facelift numbers though...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah , i've seen and heard a Bose in the G but i wasn't interested in taking it since i was not happy when i took it in the 147 and seeing what this system involved ( 10cm "sub" and speakers which were cheap coax , on the tweeter position in the door it was only a sticker from Bose ) . It sure is a upgrade above standard , no doubt about it , but not worth 750euro . I' been looking at the manual to look for fuses and i did find the position and value for the Bose fuse with is 20amps ( so 550W is probably quite a bit of overstatement ) . I did not find the radiofuse in the manual so far . On the uconnect webside ,the manual for the system is not available so far and neither is there any talks about any power at all ( which could suggest a separate amp module ). I do not need a heavy system , just enough to drive some decent quality speakers ( like Focal , Polk , Alpines .. ) .

·
Registered
92 Posts
I fit an amp under the passenger seat and replaced front speakers with Focals. Love it . Now all I will do next is get a sub and place under drivers seat to fill in the lower notes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts