Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an Alfa Romeo Giuleitta 2014 1.6, with the radio in the picture (Uconnect 5").
The radio plays music, but is always blocked by the alfa logo. What can I do, to resolve?

Product Font Material property Technology Transparency

· Registered
17 Posts
uh oh...we have just had exactly the same problem with my son's 2014 Connect 5" Giulietta. Of course we had to go back to the dealer, and they said they could do nothing with it because they couldn't get past the logo screen either. In addition we have the issue that it keeps switching itself off and on again, which of course wouldn't help any software update process.

The only option they offered was to replace the entire unit at around £1300.

So what we are doing is replacing the entire head unit with an aftermarket double-din unit (we've opted for a Sony). There are a few threads on this forum about this, it's not straightforward, and a number of people have had problems with retaining access to the vehicle settings such as date and time.

From our research (and talking to Connects2) we believe the right connection kit is either CTKAR09 or CTKAR10, which are identical but I think one has a matt coloured fascia insert and the other has gloss coloured insert. Both of these kits allegedly get around the vehicle settings problem by using an adaptor which displays these settings through a reversing camera input on the new head unit (so you need to buy one with this interface, be aware of that!!). They also enable the steering wheel controls.

It's off to the local garage to have this fitted next Wednesday, they were confident they could do this. If I remember I'll provide an update after that.

All the best,

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts