Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O no! I've got a puncture in my rear drivers side tyre. Think it's slow as managed to get home on it (2 miles from work)

Mine are Bridgestone 225 40 r18s on my qv.

Should I get same again? Guess so.

Looking at £115/£120 - does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Make sure the rating is correct.

225/40 R18 92W REINFORCED (XL) is the correct spec according to the manual. Lower ratings would be cheaper but won't meet the specification.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
It's important to keep the same tread pattern on the same axle if you can. I wouldn't have thought putting a pair of new tyres to be financial viable, but if your fronts aren't too worn it may be an opportunity to put your new tyre and the other rear on the front and the fronts on the rear. But make sure that you don't end up with tyres that are significantly worn on the rear with new/almost new on the front.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok will do - thanks mike

Ill ask dealer tomorrow too when take car in.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok will also check tomorrow andypj. Dealer might swap tyres round for free if I pay for one tyre...maybe!

Why shouldn't you have newer on front than rear?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
O no! I've got a puncture in my rear drivers side tyre. Think it's slow as managed to get home on it (2 miles from work)

Mine are Bridgestone 225 40 r18s on my qv.

Should I get same again? Guess so.

Looking at £115/£120 - does that sound right?
Im not being daft here am I but cant you just get the puncture repaired?

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
It depends where the puncture is. If its in the middle 3/4 of the tread they can but otherwise not. Also if the tyre has gone down completely it can cause a flat spot through a mis-shapen carcass. This may not be noticeable on the rear but it might cause a drumming sound if on the front. It's tricky really, and I suppose we all make different judgements depending upon our own circumstances.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had to get it replaced as the tyre wall had been chewed up on the inside, common with low profile flat tyres apparently.

Anyway got same new, fitted for £125. Very reasonable considering other quotes were £160+

All is well again!

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Well done sounds like decent deal!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Mine is on the passenger side rear tyre, quoted for R2800 (200 pounds) for the Pzero. So yours is not bad at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts