Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon I will need to change my tyres. Annoyingly, if I want to change like-for-like, the Pirellis on my Speciale are far from being a common occurence. And when I dive into tyre selectors based on my number plate, I get VERY few options aprt from a Michelin.
KwikFit's website for example does only seem to offer my front pirellis but not my rear.

Not as easy as I though...

What have you done? and where?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Soon I will need to change my tyres. Annoyingly, if I want to change like-for-like, the Pirellis on my Speciale are far from being a common occurence. And when I dive into tyre selectors based on my number plate, I get VERY few options aprt from a Michelin.
KwikFit's website for example does only seem to offer my front pirellis but not my rear.

Not as easy as I though...

What have you done? and where?
Have you checked Blackcircles, Mytyres and Oponeo?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
.... and Camskill?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nearly 18,000 miles on my factory fitted Run Flat Pirellis. Only the rear ones needed changing.

I changed for Goodyear Efficient Grip Run flat and Rimprot (for Rim Protection = slight buldge at the inner edge of the tyre).

The manager at kwikfit said that I had ordered the wrong tyres because Alfa doesn't do Run Flats... He even sent his man to check as he still didn't believe me... :rofl:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not strictly used but a comment on the excellent performance in the snow and ice with sottozero tyre from Pirelli. Awesome tyre and given its being run in the 19” Veloce style wheel size it performs as well as the old Michelin winters on my Octavia (FWD).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nearly 18,000 miles on my factory fitted Run Flat Pirellis. Only the rear ones needed changing.
I'm now needing 2 new rear tyres on my Speciale and came across this thread. Unlike Loufada I have only managed ~12.000 miles on my original factory fit Pirelli P7's.

So I'm clearly having too much fun, and not been anywhere near a race track.

So, question to the non-QV owners out there ...what sort of mileage are others getting out of their rear tyres ?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Slight thread hijack here but has anyone considered using non- runflats as replacements?

This is a popular 'upgrade' with BMW drivers for both performance and comfort..

·
Registered
930 Posts
I used non run-flat winter tyres and noticed a better ride and they are quieter which for winter tyres was a surprise. Also, no crabbing when on full lock. I just bought some extra tyre goo and a good compressor to keep in the boot in case of a puncture. For summer tyres I've run both the Pirelli and Goodyear run-flat factory fitments (two sets of wheels) neither set have worn out yet but I would say 20K miles on the rears and maybe 30K miles on the fronts. My 159 TI would get 7K miles on the fronts, so I'm happy :)

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Would anyone with a Guilia go to KwikFit? I wouldn't take my 156 back to them when I saw what they were doing to another guys alloys!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would anyone with a Guilia go to KwikFit? I wouldn't take my 156 back to them when I saw what they were doing to another guys alloys!
Sadly mine is leased through Lex and was forced to go to Kwik Fit. Just had rears replaced after pleading with them. Down to just over 2mm and normally won't replace until 2mm or below

1 - 20 of 29 Posts