Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Tyres, reinforced or not?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  David C 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm getting new tyres for the GTV soon, I was going to get Falkens which are well regarded on here and they are reinforced. I'm also looking at Kumho Ecsta HM KH31 tyres which are pretty cheap at £80 fitted on Black Circles but these don't seem to be reinforced.

I know the Toyo T1R tyres that I have on at the moment are reinforced.

The question is, apart from the reinforced tyres being better if you get a flat and better for heavy vehicles, are there any differences between the ride comfort and handling between the two types? Would the reinforced tyre be worse with pot holes and crap roads?

Also I know some people on here have Kumho's on their GTV's, does anyone have any experience of the Kumho Ecsta HM KH31 specifically?

Ta

#2 ·
I got reinforced Michelins all round a few months ago. The ride seems slightly harder, but the handling feels a little better - hard to tell what's the different tyres and what is the reinforcing, though. What I really like is that you get some kerbing protection from the reinforced tyre wall which stands a few important mil proud. Worth the extra few pounds.

#4 ·
Any extra kerbing protection won't be from the fact of the tyre being reinforced, it will just be the design of the bead-sidewall area of that specific tyre.

XL & non-XL versions of the same tyre will look identical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.