Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tyres now need replacing having used Michelin Pilot
sport (PS2) for the last 15K miles. Have been pleased with them with no inner tyre wear especially as they have done a couple of track days :thumbs: (I seem to remember my garage altering the alignment so this did not happen)

Seem still to be popular from older thread but are they still the best?

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
ive just been looking to replace mine on my 156. i wittled it down to two tyres

1. TOYO PROXES T1R
2. GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GSD3

had the Toyos in the past they are excellent, however i was going to try the F1s on the strength of this review from car and driver, the f1s came in, in 1st place, here is the link

Tire Test: The Quick and the Tread - Comparison Tests

i have the article as an adobe file pm me if you want it and i'll email the file to you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
the only problem with eagle F1's are they have a weak wall,i have had two now that have egged,to be honest falken 452 or even the 912 are good tyres,i have 452 on a 470 brake skyline and they are spot on

·
Registered
656 Posts
the only problem with eagle F1's are they have a weak wall,i have had two now that have egged,to be honest falken 452 or even the 912 are good tyres,i have 452 on a 470 brake skyline and they are spot on
I had the ze912 on my previous alfa and found them pretty impresive, especially for the price.

How are the fk452 in comparison to do 912 marknjayne?. I am due 2 new front so was thinking of trying something different.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
ive just been looking to replace mine on my 156. i wittled it down to two tyres

1. TOYO PROXES T1R
2. GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GSD3

had the Toyos in the past they are excellent, however i was going to try the F1s on the strength of this review from car and driver, the f1s came in, in 1st place, here is the link

Tire Test: The Quick and the Tread - Comparison Tests

i have the article as an adobe file pm me if you want it and i'll email the file to you.

I got through a front pair of Proxies in about 6k ... to be fair they were very grippy

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had the ze912 on my previous alfa and found them pretty impresive, especially for the price.

How are the fk452 in comparison to do 912 marknjayne?. I am due 2 new front so was thinking of trying something different.
to be honest there is not a vast amount of difference although i am comparing a 220 brake alfa on 912's to a 470 brake skyline on 452's lol so who knows how the 912's would be coping with that power output,all i know is the 912 cope very well with 220 bhp (as good if not better than eagle F1's) and 452's cope with 470 bhp well enough,bit lairy if its damp but thats going to be obvious as i have no traction control LOL.
hope that helps :thumbs:

·
Registered
656 Posts
to be honest there is not a vast amount of difference although i am comparing a 220 brake alfa on 912's to a 470 brake skyline on 452's lol so who knows how the 912's would be coping with that power output,all i know is the 912 cope very well with 220 bhp (as good if not better than eagle F1's) and 452's cope with 470 bhp well enough,bit lairy if its damp but thats going to be obvious as i have no traction control LOL.
hope that helps :thumbs:
Cheers:thumbs:

I think another pair of 912's are on order.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help! I've now found another thread running on this (What are you rolling on). Seems I wont go too far wrong if I stick to the Pilot Sport or possibly the Goodyear F1. Michelin now appear to have brought out a PS3 so I will check that out as well!

Thanks guys

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the help! I've now found another thread running on this (What are you rolling on). Seems I wont go too far wrong if I stick to the Pilot Sport or possibly the Goodyear F1. Michelin now appear to have brought out a PS3 so I will check that out as well!

Thanks guys

Mike
my opinion i dont see the need to spend double on a big brand names when falken perform just as good,also kumho ku31 are a top tyre to cosider,i know people on the skyline forum run those on 500 brake cars with good results

1 - 11 of 11 Posts