Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking for advice on Tyres for my 2006 GT JTDm please,
It has a set of Avon ZV5 225 45 17 94Y at each corner, the fronts have now done 18k which I have been told is good for an Alfa (unless you have heard better?) I have got 32k out of the same tyre on the rears of my old E46 320d Beemer.
Most of my mileage is motorway (M25 car park) and I do around 2000 miles a month, so it soon racks up.

I have found a new Tyre site ... Tyreleader.co.uk who is offering some good deals on tyres, the Avons I have on are good, but are a hard tyre and I feel every bump, new shocks and ARB is being fitted this week so will make things better, so I am looking for some advice on what you guys n Gals are running and the distance you get out of them.
Particularly on the following tyres Eagle F1 Asymmetric, Hankook K120 V12EVO and Conti Sport Contact 4 or 5' or any others you feel would be a safe bet. Needs to hang tight coming off M25 onto M11 J27 if you know the sweeping corners I mean.....?!!

Thanks
Iain

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
The last set of fronts I have on a 1.6 TS doing city mileage was 10k.
So the fact you got 18k doing motorway stacks up.

I've since had all 4 wheels alignment done on a hunter system and do motorway miles. So I'd like to see 20k out of this set.
Rears so far have 12k on them and look to last forever though.

Alfa's tend to wear the front pretty quickly.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I have Kumho Ecsta Le Sports all round on my 147 and have been really pleased with them. Comfy and quiet on the motorway, confidence inspiring in the rain and under braking and really responsive when hooning round country lanes near my parents place in the Yorkshire Dales. I've been so impressed I've fitted them to my daily Saab which spends most of it's time on the motorway

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi All,

I am looking for advice on Tyres for my 2006 GT JTDm please,
It has a set of Avon ZV5 225 45 17 94Y at each corner, the fronts have now done 18k which I have been told is good for an Alfa (unless you have heard better?) I have got 32k out of the same tyre on the rears of my old E46 320d Beemer.
Most of my mileage is motorway (M25 car park) and I do around 2000 miles a month, so it soon racks up.

I have found a new Tyre site ... Tyreleader.co.uk who is offering some good deals on tyres, the Avons I have on are good, but are a hard tyre and I feel every bump, new shocks and ARB is being fitted this week so will make things better, so I am looking for some advice on what you guys n Gals are running and the distance you get out of them.
Particularly on the following tyres Eagle F1 Asymmetric, Hankook K120 V12EVO and Conti Sport Contact 4 or 5' or any others you feel would be a safe bet. Needs to hang tight coming off M25 onto M11 J27 if you know the sweeping corners I mean.....?!!

Thanks
Iain

Tyreleader is great :thumbs:

Im on 215/45 R17 as thats the standard size . im running falken ziex 914 tyres and i find them quite good . Good value too as 60-65 per corner from tyreleader (their prices vary according to demand/supply)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts