Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations on tyres for a GTV? I dont really want to sacrifice quality but my budget isn't great, car's in the garage at the moment with £880's worth of work being done.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
Hi, do an advanced search and there are plenty of recent recommendations there....:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bet some of the guys might have a different opinion to me, but I have fitted Falkens around and am very pleased with the performance in all weather conditions. They even performed well at a track day.

I had these fitted to my Westfield and Abarth, and again no problem.

These are in my opinion good value for money at approx £60 each. I buy my online from camskill.co.uk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked at falkens looked very good, i think if your a club owner you may get some sort of discount on blackcircle.com then just drive to one of their sites and they'll fit for you. is that right?

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
I am using the Falkens and they are great.

That is correct Eddie, you pay blackcircles, choose where you want them fitted then they fit them, you sign a bit of paper then off you go. Job done. :thumbs:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds great. think i'm gonna go for Falken FK-452's, the guy at the gararage reckoned we should get a voucher code for be a alfa owner club member. any ideas where?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, it's the 452's I have fitted.
As for fitting, Camskill don't do this. I get my local speed to do this, and they only charge £10 per wheel.
If BlackCircle can match Camskill on price and arrange for fitting then its a 'win/win' for you.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
if it is any help, i got some yokohama s306 tyres fitted in biggleswade (saxon motorist centre) for £63 each. not sure how far away that is for you. the tyres are great, lots of grip and i don't find them that noisy. i've used black circles in the past and found them to be very good also. just one point. i have heard that pirelli P6000's are the one to avoid, but that is just a repeated opinion from a few posts i have seen on here. good luck.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I've got some FK452 and seem fine. Avoid very budget Nexan, got a worn set and had zero grip. I also quite like Avon tyres which kind of sit in the middle somewhere.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,545 Posts
Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta are almost as good as Bridgestone Potenza's, which are about the best tyre i have ever driven, aside from the Yokohama A539s i had on my Mini years ago :)

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta are almost as good as Bridgestone Potenza's, which are about the best tyre i have ever driven, aside from the Yokohama A539s i had on my Mini years ago :)
ha ha, i remember those tyres! you couldn't get the mini to lose grip no matter how hard you tried. iirc i only paid £50 each fitted for 175/50/13s.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've been loving my Goodyear Eagle F1s (performed well all year and on the AO Track Day) ... until the recent snow.

I'm thinking of entering my Spider into "Dancing on Ice" ...

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,545 Posts
Eagle F1s are about the worst tyre i have ever used. shocking in all weathers

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I thought the F1s gripped well but were noisy and wore badly.

Got FK452 on the back, they seem decent

and got Uniroyal Rainsport 2 on the front and they seem really good, but were a bit more than the falkens

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah bedford is a bit of a trek for me I'm in the uxbridge area but thanks for the info. I'm gonna go black circle with the falkens they got a couple of places near me where they'll fit them and cheers for the mtyres link it confirms that what I'm paying at black circles is about right. Thank's again lads it never ceases to amaze me how much helpful response this forum generate

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh yeah and i had avons before and can't fault them, wear was bad but probably due to rim leak (no giggling were all adults)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts