Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after some new tyres for my Ford CMax day to day car.

I have found that my local tyre dealer has Conti Sport Contact 2 and premium contact for about the same money, £72ish fitted. Or Yoko C Drives, again similar money. I know it's not an Alfa, but anyone had any bad experiences with any of the three, excess noise? NVH? I have Conti Sport Contacts on my Alfa which I rate, not tried then on a MPV though. Current ones are Dunlops which are rubbish and at 2mm they are shot!

Please only negatives on these 3 as I'm fairly decided!

·
Registered
37,756 Posts
Personally I like Conti's and Bridgestones. I have had Yokos in the past and they tend to grip ok but wear out quickly.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used Conti's and B'stones and they are a good tyre.
Steer clear of Yoko's as they are a soft compound and like symon says they wear quickly, good for summer poor for winter.

·
Registered
34,419 Posts
Tyres for a Ford?

Seems like a good swap to me!

Only repeating the response when I took my Multipla in for new tyres a while back and it made me laugh.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Many cars in the Ford range have Hankook as OE fit. I think the C max is one of them. I use Hankook on our Mondeo and Vectra and can't fault them in any way.

·
Registered
37,756 Posts
Modern Hankooks are up there with the best, however when I first tried them in 1998 before they were well known they were right ditchfinders.

I put a pair on the front of my Alfa 164, I bought them from Demon Tweaks for £29 each and they ruined the cars handling.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went with Conti sport contact 2s at £71.49 each fitted. Very lovely!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
What size were they for that price? I need to replace the 16" conti sport 2 on the mondeo. I paid near £90 last time, £72 sounds interesting!
They're good tyres, plenty of grip and the last set lasted me 20k miles :thumbs:
useless in snow and mud though.... :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts