Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my front tracking checked as the outside edges of the front were baldy. The car was at + 3º and should be 0º !!!!
This is what I suspected. Anyway as my front Toyos were at the legal limit (6000 miles and shot :( ) I got a couple of Avon ZV1's fitted.
Got the tyres for £60 each + free balance and fitting. Not bad at all.
Total price £142.
The car feels very stable under heavy braking whereas before it would wander with the bumps on the road. The steering feels a bit heavier and doesn't oversteer in high speed corners anymore. Taking a bit of getting used to but lets hope the Avons do more than 6000 miles before wearing out.

Marlon

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Marlon,

when the outside egdes of the tires of my car wear out, usually its the wishbone bearings - have to replace them for the second time now. The new wishbones bearings were gone after 35.000 km. I switch to polyurethane now.

amir/germany

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought it might be that, but my wishbones etc were all done in August 01. They still look like new and I don't get any clunking or anything.

Marlon

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marlon
I had both wishbone replaced in December 2001, the car was MOTed on Monday and failed on N/S balljoint. I have done about 12000miles since they were replaced, these seem to be a problem with the 155.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Got mine checked a couple of months ago as the inside edges were wearing, also turned the tyre's on the rim's. Not to worried about wear as I can't wait to get the Avon ZZ1's off the car and get some BFGoodrich Profiler G's on it because it handle's better and is significantly quieter. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Iv got Avon ZV1's on my Alfa, iv done 23000 miles on em so far (mostly on the motorway) and they still got some left so i think they will last a bit longer that your 6000 miles wink !!! They ZV1's are a really hard compound, good in the dry, awful in the wet!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already found that they don't grip as well in the dry as the Toyos. The Toyos were brilliant. If only I could afford to replace them every 6000 miles. I do about 20000 a year !!!!

Marlon

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeh i wish i could replace em more often and get grippier tyres, but id get thru 4 sets a yr if they only lasted 6000miles with the mileage i do! I really should invest in a diesel car.....but that is just so wrong....in every way !!! eek! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts