Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 02 ts spider has 205/50/r16's I need to replace the fronts and would like Yoko Advan Sport v105, cheap and review well £65 per tyre fitted.

Yoko dont do that size, stupid if I go for

205/55/r16 or 225/50/r16?

Any experience?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
On my old Spider I fitted 205/55/r16 by mistake but thought they looked better because they filled the arches more but you will have the issue with speedo being out (not sure how much) and it's not ideal to have different profile on front and back.

55 on the front 50 on the rear you can see the difference.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should really do all four to be honest, not sure you'd notice 5mm extra etc. mot and insurance concerns me the most

·
Registered
780 Posts
I run 205/55 r16 and agree that the extra little bit of profile looks better imo.

Regarding the speedo being out, the difference is negligible. There will only be about a 2mph difference between the speedo and your true speed at 60mph/100km/h (205/55's will read higher FYI) and given they are the only size option for your choice of tyre, I wouldn't let that bother you.

Reactions: MalcQV

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
What about 1 N/S front 205/55 R16 and all the rest 205/50 R16! I've literally just noticed (having owned the car since July) .

·
Registered
30,104 Posts
What about 1 N/S front 205/55 R16 and all the rest 205/50 R16! I've literally just noticed (having owned the car since July) .
VERY bad and illegal and an MOT failure.

·
Registered
30,104 Posts
I'm doomed! She still drives a peach?

Why is it so bad?
Surely you can see why different size tyres on the same axle is a bad idea...?

There is a significant difference in diameter between the two.
They will behave very differently, especially in extreme situations (ie trying to stop in a hurry, lane changes, etc...).

I could feel the difference between a Dunlop SP9000 on the left front and a Dunlop SportMaxx on the right front, both the same size and rating, so different sizes should be very apparent...!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bit drunk so do excuse, 4 x Yoko advan sport v105 205/55/16 being fitted first thing tomorrow. Evo rated then very highly in dry and wet.
£260 fitted, not bad and conscious clear to be honest

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have 205/55/R16 fitted, as previously stated they do fill the wheel arches a little better, but also give a tad more comfort due to the higher profile. Another plus point is that the 205/50/R16 is far less commonly stocked which could well be important if you are crawling along on your space-saver. As always, I fitted them to the rear first and the front about 6 months later - no problem.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems like a good tyre too, £65 fitted per corner, all four done in the end and does seem like a better ride, fills the wheel arch a bit better too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts