Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After opinions people ? car is currently at garage and they have recommended new tyres:

I either buy 4 new tyres or wait for some teledials to come up with decent tyres??

What tyres do people find best??

At the minute I have Goodyear 205 50 R16

·
Registered
730 Posts
After opinions people ? car is currently at garage and they have recommended new tyres:

I either buy 4 new tyres or wait for some teledials to come up with decent tyres??

Well £350 is going to get you some good rubber on your current set up. Spend another £150 and you are looking at teledials with good tyres.

I might be selling mine which are in good condition with 4 new tyres, 2 toyo t1r and 2 cheaper £60ea jobs.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Have a click on the "Search" .. You'll find a million and one Threads about the subjective matter of tyre choice :lol:

I've always found the black, round one's work the best ;)

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym3 (latest) have the Asym2 on the TT, love 'em
Dunlop SportMaxx RT have these on the GTV, also great but they will be Asym3's when they are due renewal

Michelin Pilot Sports
Pirelli P-Zero's (just avoid P6000's)
Hankook Ventus Evo

Falken's are good if you are on a budget
UniRoyal Rainsport are supposed to be good, but wear rate is very high and side walls made of sponge cake

Basically any of the top brands will do the job...

Try looking on Tyre reviews, tests and ratings - Tyre Reviews which gives you an overall % rating and comments.

Best place will be looking on You Tube for the Auto Car Tyre Reviews; bit more factual with the tests and comparisons they do.

As said, very subjective! :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree very subjective and I have witnessed many heated debates! I have Pirelli P Zero Nero on my V6 GTV. It's an Italian car so should have Italian tyres!

But I've also heard good things about the tyres mentioned above

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well £350 is going to get you some good rubber on your current set up. Spend another £150 and you are looking at teledials with good tyres.

I might be selling mine which are in good condition with 4 new tyres, 2 toyo t1r and 2 cheaper £60ea jobs.

Let me know if you sell yours any time soon and price please??

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts