Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Any one know the max width of a Tyre a 156 can take, The ones fitted now are 225 x 40 x 18 is this size the max you could fit to a standard car

I want the max rubber on the road as i can get , i have arches to fit so im guessing i could fit

235 x 40 x 18

Has any one fitted larger

Thx in advance :thumbup:

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
The 18" size for a 147GTA was 235/35R18
Re 235/40R18, you'd need to check clearance to spring platforms etc given they are larger diameter.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Just remember that wider rubber on the road doesn't necessarily mean more speed. There are many factors at play.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 18" size for a 147GTA was 235/35R18
Re 235/40R18, you'd need to check clearance to spring platforms etc given they are larger diameter.
Thanks David

I will give it a look at , im using Eibach Coilovers which should give me more clearance.

Thanks Again..

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just remember that wider rubber on the road doesn't necessarily mean more speed. There are many factors at play.

Understood. But i need more grip for straight line runs as im sure it will spin like hell with the Bhp i will be putting through.

Thx for advice :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Straight line you should certainly gain, unless the wheel and tyre combination is significantly heavier than the original combo - more inertia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts