Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My full time car came with a nice big bag of BMW protect items.

I was looking at the BMW tyre shine and it says on there it should only be used 3 to 4 times a year.

When I collect my Spider this saturday I want to try to keep it in as close to showroom as possible which would have included tyre shine twice a month.

Does any one know why it should only be used 3 to 4 times a year or is the more general "off the shelf" stuff OK to use regularly or and its just be the BMW product that shouldn't be used that often?

:confused:

D

·
0 Posts
i have been using auto glym tyre shine every week for the past year and it hasn't done any harm yet.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I used the tyre dressing from power maxed and thats jusy regular use as far as i know, not heard of not being able to use a tyre dressing on a regular basis,

It doesnt dry it out or get absorbed by it so thats a wierd one

·
Registered
988 Posts
Just guessing, maybe some strong solvents which the rubber would not like. Strange that a major firm would sell something which may not be good for tyres. BMW used to rebottle Sonax and Dr OK Wack stuff and these were high quality and safe products

D

·
0 Posts
I also have a new Maguire tyre gel and theres no warning on that either.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I used the BMW Tyre spray (which looks pretty good and was very easy to apply) but I will get some of the general stuff for regular use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts