Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing so many "What tyres are best" threads I thought I would try and get a review thread going. It should , in theory at least, allow people to have a good idea on whats what.

Ok my experiences.
I am a spirited driver.

pug 206 gti 205/45/16

Goodyear eagle F1 gsd3 : Great road holding, very very good in the wet and dry. Braking seemed unaffected in wet compared to dry. A little noisey but nothing terrible. Sold car after 3000 miles with them fitted and looked ok prob 6-7mm tread left.

VW Bora 1.9 TDI 205/55/16

Dunlop SP sport 01. Comfy and quiet. Everything else pretty poor. Really poor tread wear didnt last 10k.

Ford Mondeo mk1 2.0lx 185/65/14

Nankang RX615. Dont just dont. Real ditch finders. They had approx 6mm tread when I got them 3 months later changed tyres to Hankook optimo K415. Much better wet roads were ok, so long as you slow down abit they aren't performance tyres after all. Dry roads fine and fairly quiet. Perfect for mums and dads.

Alfa 156 2.4 JTD 205/55/16

Michelin HP. Wear was not as good as I thought they would be ,on the front rears are 5-6mm in 20k. Quiet until low on tread. Confident handling and good in the wet. replaced with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo. Only done 300 miles but grip not quite as good as the Michelin but certainly alot quieter. not tried in the rain yet.

Please add your thoughts.....

N

·
0 Posts
I've had the Hankook V12's on the rear of mine for a couple of months now, not had the slightest bit of lift oversteer since....even in the wet :(

I might swap them with the Falkens on the front next time I can be bothered :lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
166 3.0 Super - 225/45/17

Eagle F1 GSD3s are very impressive in all conditions. I'm afraid to buy anything else in case they're not as good! T

The new F1 assymmetrics are meant o be excellent in terms of grip but some reports indicate that they do not last long , presumably because of a soft compound being used. Does anybody have any experience of these?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Ill put a recomendation in for some Vredestein Ultrac's, great tyre and look the bees knees too! :thumbs:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Eagle F1's became very noisy towards 8000 miles so changes them all to Michelin PS2. Same levels of grip but nice and quiet and surprisingly a smoother ride too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts