Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Black circles are pricey I think.

For example, Toyo Proxes 195/55/15 are £63.69 fitted.

Locally, I can ge them for £57 fitted.

Why bother on line?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
just noticed your location which is a shame as i was going to point you in the right direction for f1's. last time i got a pair fitted for £150. but that was berkshire so no help sorry

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
Stu - what size tires are you looking for, and what brand? Post it up and I'll find you a better price ;)

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
Kumho Ecsta KU31 - I have these on the rear, also used 2 sets on the front and 1 set on the rear on my JTD, very, very good tyre. Soft-ish compound, grips well, brilliant in the wet and cheap-ish as they aren't a high-profile brand. But look who sponsors a lot of rally/racing events ;)

Highly recommended: £65.30 a corner

KUMHO TYRES / CAR / KUMHO KU31 ECSTA SPORT KUMHO KU 31 - 225/45R17 94Y XL : £65.30 : Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres : R17" - 225/45/17, 225/45 R 17 -

Toyo Proxes T1R - Never used these but a fair few people on here have and they always get a good write-up: £71.20 a corner

TOYO TYRES / CAR / TOYO T1R PROXES TOYO T1 R - 225/45R17 94Y XL : £71.20 : Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres : R17" - 225/45/17, 225/45 R 17 -

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - Always well-regarded: £85 a corner

GOODYEAR TYRES / CAR / GOODYEAR F1 GSD3 EAGLE GOODYEAR F 1 GSD 3 - 225/45R17 91Y : £85.00 : Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres : R17" - 225/45/17, 225/45 R 17 -

Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas - I have these on the front of my V6 and they are great, make lovely squeal noises too when booting it round a smooth roundabout. Wear well and grip fantasticly in the wet. I have another two in the garage waiting to replace these: £89 a corner

VREDESTEIN TYRES / CAR / VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA - 225/45R17 94Y XL : £89.00 : Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres : R17" - 225/45/17, 225/45 R 17 -

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I see you said Goodyear F1, then mentioned "quiet"; IMHO, the F1 isn't particularly quiet, especially when it starts getting worn.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
225 45 17

Pretty much any decent brand considered

but I would like to try Goodyear F1's or very quiet tyres.

Oh and I would like to spent about £300.

Does anyone else find tyres reviews totaly pointless. everyone says there tyres are fantastic and will do everything!

Cheers Stuart
I paid £75 per corner fitted for this size on Eagle F1's a few months ago.

£300 for a set! in Reading - Bracknell Tyre and Battery.

It's worth ringing about the locals in your area.

e.g. In Bristol, I find Cabot Tyres one of the cheapest, the big chains arevery rarely competitive, though F1 Autocentres are always willing to try and match/beat.

·
Registered
139 Posts
One incredibly good tyre is the Hankook VENTUS PRIME K105. Grips well and took me through ice, snow and rain without any problems within the space of a day, italy - austria - france. They should be around £55 a corner.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Stu - I got a full set of Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3 225/45/17's for my Super last year via ebay. I just kept my eyes peeled and was probably lucky in that I got a brand new set delivered for £230, then fitted for £30. I was in no rush though.

I use Forsyths of Denny or JK Tyres in Stirling - Small independents that usually offer a good deal. Give them a try - You should get a good deal on 4 tyres, £300ish is achievable. PM me if you cant find phone numbers - Only 35 miles down the motorway for you although surely some of the Glasgow boys can do you a good deal - I saw some bargain prices offered in the railway arch units when heading back from the Science Centre a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That'll be the price of oil and steel going up. As tyres are made from EPDM, various oils and steel, it has a huge effect on the final price.
Good My father-in-law owns a steel contsruction company in China. They have all been shut down for the last three months by the goverment to try to imporve the air quality. Bet now its a frantic monday morning in Beijing!

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have goodyear eagle f1 gsd3 on my car now. prior to these i had toyo proxes. the proxes gripped better in corners and felt better....the goodyears brake better though. not sure i would bother with the goodyears again. over priced.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts