Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all really.

Stumbled across these Air Alert Tyre Pressure Valve Cap from Brandnetics firstly through the Road Angel website (they are cheaper on there).

Apparently you inflate your tyre to the correct pressure, then screw on the cap, it self calibrates, then if your tyre pressure drops by 4psi the cap flashes.

Anyone tried these or heard of them before?

Thoughts on if they're any good?

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts
I have a set of similar things on mine and I find them useful, a quick glance every morning is very reassuring - or otherwise !

Mine indicate Green for correct, Yellow down by, I think, 2 psi and Red for further down. All it is is three different colour sleeves within the cap so no hi tech stuff here. Got 'em from eBay for less than a tenner, of course you have to specify the psi range you want.

The only concern I have is that I suppose the tyre valve has to be permanently depressed for these to work so it seems to me you are depending on the cap itself to keep the air in. Having said that after two years they have been no problem except for one time when the valve was sticking open, a few quick depresses sorted that out OK though.

I reckon that they are worth having but of course I still check with a proper gauge every so often.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts
What make are they then?
No idea Harry, just an eBay special, probably made in China.

As I said they are not hi tech, just mechanical devices. The one you posted looks better BUT I'm not sure I'd want a flashing light to really advertise a low pressure. If the car is parked in a car park after dark and one of them starts flashing how long before all four have been nicked to use as a novelty by some scrote ?

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
I see there is an 'anti-theft' version on the website.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see there is an 'anti-theft' version on the website.
I can just imagine some little darling cutting your valves off if he/she/it couldn't unscrew them in the conventional manner

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I've had my basic £3.50 halfrauds stainless steel caps nicked off mine in broad daylight :rant: , so wouldn't even risk anything fancy... :( ... one mustn't have nice things, any more... :rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's sad that my biggest concern would be that they are stolen or my car damaged trying to remove them

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Little scrotes in my area nicked my Alfa logo caps in broad daylight.
Can you imagine if I put those on that signalled "STEAL ME" from 100 yards away!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts