Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get problems with tyre pressure warnings in the cold snap this morning.

I noticed a few weeks ago when the temperature dropped suddenly that I got a warning for low pressure on one of the wheels. It cleared when I stopped, but that coincided with an increase in ambient temperature.

This morning, I took my car out of the garage (where it is about 12 degrees) into 4 degrees. 15 minutes up the M1, I got a low pressure warning on one of the wheels, 10 minutes later a warning on a second wheel and 2 minutes after that, low pressure warning on a third wheel. The screen was showing 2.3bar for the fronts and 2.1 for the rears, which is what it always is.

Other monitoring systems with the actual sensors (not systems using the ABS to monitor differences in rotation speed to detect a puncture) are able to adjust for pressure differences resulting from low temperature, but it seems the Giulia system doesn't. Normally, it monitors the sensors for differences between each sensor.

I spoke to Alfa who very helpfully suggested that the pressure will change with temperature and to check the pressures!

Interested to know if anyone else had this problem today.

PS - thought the Corsas were ok in the cold this morning.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine have been 2,9 cold pressure in summer. 3-3,1 warm after driving a bit. Now when colder about 2,7. No warnings.

I put the winter tires on today with new wheels and sensors. 2,6 in pressure after some driving. We have about 5 degrees Celsius here today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts