Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm changing the wheels of my 159 ti now mine has tyre pressure monitoring, this has a special valve in the tyre and a receiver under the mudguards. now i have new wheels and new alfa valves now,

now is it true the new valves will need coding or something?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
New wheels, or new tyres? If the later, then should tell you in the user manual, if the former am sure someone can advise.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New wheels, or new tyres? If the later, then should tell you in the user manual, if the former am sure someone can advise.
mine is the 2010 model, new wheels and new tyre as mine where all scuffed and buckled. so actually i just remove the old and put everything new! including the valves

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you spoken to your dealer? Not sure how meany dealers they have there, but the fiat dealership should be able to help.,
I tried the search function, and found this:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...tyre-pressure-monitoring-system-on-159-a.html
hopefully help
thanks for the reply it helps a bit more, i did phone the alfa dealer but they only said they have to see the car to check!! they want my money!!

all i want to know is how the valve works! these is no battery or anything in it so how does is send the pressure reading! maybe it gets the energy while the wheel is turning or something!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the reply, i've read a bit the owners hand book its very helpfull :)

If the car is fitted with T.P.M.S. system,
tyre and/or rim removal and refitting
operations involve special precautions;
to prevent damages or wrong sensor refitting,
contact Alfa Romeo Authorized
Services to have tyre and/or rim
changed.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
did you read the link at all? About the cables, do you have them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts