Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i know that some Alfa models came with these, i have never seen one, i would assume though that it would save a fair bit of weight over the spare and jack etc, where can i get one..?????????????????
:confused:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Just get one of those areosol cans tyre inflators. There cheap and easy to keep in the boot or glove box. Have used them twice and there perfectly ok.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, i already have one, along with the spare and the jack etc..:(
I like the idea of the 'official' Alfa one, if you can get them and they are not too pricey..:thumbs:

G

·
What will you do if a tyre lets go on the motorway? By the time you bring it to a halt, there may not be a lot of tyre left.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What will you do if a tyre lets go on the motorway? By the time you bring it to a halt, there may not be a lot of tyre left.
I will ring you to bring 'Excaliber' to beat the **** out of me for being stupid and not having a spare..:lol:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Well what happens if you have 2 Tyres blow out ?!!

You cant cater for every single problem that happens otherwise you may as well have an Alfa Spare parts truck following you around every time you go out on the road !:lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
theres an official one for the 147 gta, in a branded case with a compressor, its pricey though

G

·
The green goop in the kit with my GTA didn't have an indefinite time for use though. I can't remember how long it's supposed to be kept. Anybody or was I just imagining this?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
DON"T :tut: I have used it 5 times ...... it failed each and every time. Ended up using Fleabay to source the whole shebang . Our GTV came with a Tyre inflation kit ( they even Don't give you a jack)... if you must see if Ned / Dan have any in the boneyard.

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
DON"T :tut:
Agreed!!! I'm responsible for a fleet of rental cars. More and more of these are being supplied by the manufacturers with tyre inflation kits in place of the spare wheels, and more and more the biggest source of complaints from our customers centres around this lack of a spare.

Also, once you've used the 'gunge' the tyre can't be repaired even it is a simple and otherwise repairable puncture so you'll be forking out for the full cost of a new tyre rather than just a few quid for a repair, :(.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Goodyear do run flat tyres, so bin the spare and just enjoy the car without worry of blowouts or multiple punctures.
Having driven a car on runflats, that is never going to be an option, my tuned and lowered and stiffened STI rode better..:eek:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just come across someone selling these for £34 (inc. shipping) on eBay, if anyone's interested:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/140546062775

I know it says "Fiat Punto", but its identical to this Alfa one that somebody is asking £55 for (shared Alfa/Fiat part number):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/220665627551

I know it's probably tempting fate, but I am thinking about getting one of these - be nice to have the boot space back.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just come across someone selling these for £34 (inc. shipping) on eBay, if anyone's interested:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/140546062775

I know it says "Fiat Punto", but its identical to this Alfa one that somebody is asking £55 for (shared Alfa/Fiat part number):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/220665627551

I know it's probably tempting fate, but I am thinking about getting one of these - be nice to have the boot space back.
The one i have for sale is genuine Alfa, in its original bag/case, never used, make me an offer, it comes with the fluid and adapters..:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts