Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

8 weeks ago I ordered 4 brand new Uniroyal 235/45R18 Rainsport tyres from Asda online and had them fitted by one of Asda's approved fitters, a local Halford's Autocentre. I've just been to a local Alfa independent garage to have a wiper motor replaced and they discovered that the front two tyres were heavily both heavily worn on the insides:
3L4C6482-1000.jpg

3L4C6483-1000.jpg

The back tyres were fine and I'd only done 1660 miles since all 4 were fitted, so I went to the Halfords Autocentre that fitted the tyres to see what they would do to fix it. They offered me a free suspension and tracking check which I declined.

My question is what do I do next?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Wow - your alignment must be seriously out. When they were fitted, did they check the alignment then? If not, then I don't think there is much you can do really. If they did check it when fitted, then get them to check it again now, and get a print out before they start twiddling anything.

If they didn't check it when they fitted the tyres, then just get it sorted ASAP....and order some new tyres...:depressed:

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Get your tracking sorted. It must be wildly out to muller the inside of the tyres in that short distance.

From the look of them, they're close to bald on the inside edge, but probably an MOT pass. With the tracking fixed, they will drive OK, but I'd want to replace them before next winter.

·
Registered
15,806 Posts
What were the old ones like?

·
Registered
38,680 Posts
I had the Rainsport 3 on my Golf, and they are a soft compound fast wearing tyre.

I got 8000 miles from the fronts before they were shot.

It does look like your alignment is out, or you have wishbone bush failure as well though as mine wore evenly.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,534 Posts
But I got 20K out of the RS 3's on my Brera. The OP has a serious problem with tracking, not the quality of the tyres.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tracking, but get it done correctly,
One of the nearest places to you is Pro-Tyre in Exeter. there system (Hunter) will have Peter Cambridge (ex Prodive) settings
on it. which is what you should be using.

If not pick one from here.
Align My Car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts