Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - some advice, i want to fit new tyres to my 2003 147 1.6 T-Spark Lusso. Looking for the standard size but which tyre is the best for the car. Tyres are going on the rear.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tyre Choice

Hi -It's very much a personal preference, but I recently bought a set of 4 Avon ZZR3 high performance sports tyres for my 2.0 lusso. They look great, handle well. have directional tread and also come with rim flange protectors, (so you don't scuff your nice alloys)!. They are good value, got mine off etyres and fitted at my local tyre dealers at a time to suit me. Another bonus is that they are manufactured in the UK so you're helping the economy too!!

Hope this assists.

:)

·
Registered
860 Posts
you have opened a can worms now lol .Tyres are like a good looking woman some guys will say she is fit and others will say not my cup tea .Moral is decide how much you want to pay read some reviews then make you own mind up

·
Registered
519 Posts
you have opened a can worms now lol .Tyres are like a good looking woman some guys will say she is fit and others will say not my cup tea .Moral is decide how much you want to pay read some reviews then make you own mind up
I very much agree with 300stu.

Personally I rate Bridgestone Turanza's quite highly....I just got two new Turanza T001's and put them on the front.... about 4mm left on older tyres which were on the front but now at the rear (got last January and 12k miles done so far).
I paid €95 each for the T001. Good value IMO. I have read many reviews, some not favourable toward my choice but I don't drive in the wet like a demented devil, I don't spin the wheels from the lights and I don't turn the steering wheel unless the car is moving.

My advice? Avoid like the plague cheap tyres (they can put you in the scenery!), stick to well known brands, keep pressures correct, regularly inspect wear and have wheel alignment checked/adjusted if needs be.

Correct size is in your handbook... mine are 205/55 16's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts