Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent today doing the preventitive maintanance job of replacing perished rubber carb mounts. Nothing special about that I guess we've all done that job at one time or another. However in doing it I noticed a couple of other things.

While the intake manifold was off I could confirm my suspicions that there was a big hole from No. 1 cylinder leading to the pipe which goes to the crankcase breather. So you need to be sure that there are no leaks in this system otherwise No.1 will run really lean. Especially take care if you've replaced the standard airbox because this pipe might not be properly terminated. I just plugged up the hole (see arrow on photo) :wink_org:

I also took the opportunity to start the horrible job of scraping off old underseal that a PO had slapped all over the inside of the engine bay. In doing so I uncovered a green label (see photo). Is this an original label? If so I will take the time to uncover without too much damage. Or if it's easily replaced I'll just scrape it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
yes the label is original, try to save it.
its a "Targhetta di omologazione", iow an italian DOT type approval sticker.

you see the orange red ones reproduced (duettos and montreals etc)
Haven't seen your particular one, for the 105.27 offered as a repro though...(though I might be wrong)

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes the label is original, try to save it.
its a "Targhetta di omologazione", iow an italian DOT type approval sticker.

you see the orange red ones reproduced (duettos and montreals etc)
Haven't seen your particular one, for the 105.27 offered as a repro though...(though I might be wrong)

There isn't a repro, yet. I can work on this with some help. The area I've circled is missing some information. It's probably still covered with whatever was used to "paint" the engine compartment.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the picture. Can you please post the part number that is along the left edge? It's a bit fuzzy and I cannot make it out.

If that were on my car, I would not touch it. I think you're fairly lucky to get all of the black stuff off without removing the sticker. Those stickers are silk screened. Any solvent based clear coat might melt the color off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts