Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have been told there are two types of 2.4 JTDM engine and one is better than the other.

One is an A3 and one an A9 is that correct? I think I remember reading that the A3 was supposed to be the 200hp one and the A9 was 210?

A car I have just been to view had these stamps and stickers on it. It was a 57 plate car as well. Can you tell which engine it is from these two labels?

Thanks

(ATTACHMENTS REMOVED) Not sure on legality of having vin numbers etc on forums.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep it's the A9 engine. Hence the vin plate reading engine 939A9000. Otherwise it'd say 939A3000 for the A3. The A9 has a bigger head to get the 210 bhp. Plus different swirl flaps which was an issue in the A3.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic. I was wondering if it was that part of the code that mattered. I wasn't sure if I was looking at the wrong label and it would say straight like
"Model: A3" or "Model: A9"

Cheers mate :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Can confirm, but swirlflaps is also an issue on the A9...Only early 1.9´s is in danger of eating them in BMW-style, but can cause you poor running due to the leakage they eventually gets.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much appreciated guys very helpful. Thanks :) Swirl flaps will most likely end up being removed in time when other stuff needs doing etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts