Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confusingly handbook states Selenia Racing but Alfa recommended fluids sticker underneath the bonnet states 20K oil.

I am sure it should be Racing but can anyone confirm.

Also, have any GTV JTS owners got this instruction under their bonnet. Facing the car its on the left underside.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think the sticker will be the GTV sticker, which may not have been modified to include the JTS.

On mine it lists all the oils and refers you to the handbook, but the JTS should be run on 10W/60 Oil - so it is Selenia R you use or any good 10W/60 fully synthetic.

But Selenia is the easiest to get hold of as Halfords will only (in most cases - certainly mine) get Get Castrol edge sport in 10W/60 grade for you if you order a whole case (six 4 litre bottles).

hope that helps bud :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I get my 10/60 Racing oil from my local factors.
If you have a local factor, they will probably sell it by the litre.
(I keep two one litre bottles in the convenient depression of the spider boot as they are an exact fit).

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
There are so many threads about which oil to use it gets a bit confusing.:confused: I usually use castrol magntec, but somebody on here (think it may have been oilman) says it,s not too good.Spoke to my local Alfa specalist the other day and he swears by multi-grade.I know that dosen't answer your query Alan B but if oilman is out there somewhere maby he can help.:)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
It's 10w60 (Selenia Racing) for a 2.0 JTS engine, whether it's in a GTV, 156 or GT.

Even if the label states otherwise, Alfa changed the recommendation somewhere along the line.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Yep, the JTS has only ever been spec'd with 10w60 Full Synthetic.
It was also always an option for the 16v TS (at least is was for the 156!).

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
what's wrong with Magnatec (apart from maybe it isn't 10W60)?

I use the 15W40 quite a lot (though a bit less since I fixed the leaky rocker cover gasket) :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There are so many threads about which oil to use it gets a bit confusing.:confused: I usually use castrol magntec, but somebody on here (think it may have been oilman) says it,s not too good.Spoke to my local Alfa specalist the other day and he swears by multi-grade.I know that dosen't answer your query Alan B but if oilman is out there somewhere maby he can help.:)
Mine does too they said use a 10w-40 multigrade ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The sticker under the bonnet is as suspected incorrect (this is poor quality control from Alfa Romeo) and the 2.0 JTS does indeed need
10W-60 and Alfa recommends Selenia Racing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts