Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am back from Bauer Millet's. I thought "new car get it done right". I was going to try 'Chip Away' but by all accounts their repairs are more cosmetic cover ups than a proper job. Chris at Bauer Millet reckon the rear quarter light will have to come out as well as all the rubber window seals along the top of the door and the rear bumper will need to be dropped in order to avoid paint build up and tell tale lines. So he will do all this and blend in with the existing paint work, a proper job by the sounds of it. The down side is the cost, about £580.00 plus vat. That's over £600 for a scratch some vandal caused.
I did not want to but I am going to have to claim on my insurers for that sort of money. Churchill, my insurers, have given me a hard time as Bauer Millet are not an approved repairer. They use UK Assistance at Heywood near Bury. They have refused to insure a courtesy car as I am using my own repairer. They cannot guarantee I will even get paid the full invoice of the repair, if their engineering department believe it is prohibitive and they cannot guarantee an engineer will inspect it. The whole claim process will take a very long time. The whole thing sucks.
So I either use their repairer, leave it as it is or go ahead with my preferred choice and face months of wrangling and hassle. It just gets better and better.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
WT chipsaway did a fantastic job on my babe, cant fault the work he did, it took him 6 hrs and cost me £185 no way is it a cosmetic cover up...i would highly recommend them, the bonus was that the guy was an alfa owner and really looked after her:cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
oh dear thats bad...i hiope it all goes well..i feel your pain hunhugz

·
0 Posts
The main thing is getting a 'proper' repair WT :)

Still think it's wrong of your insurers though :tut:

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have given in. Taking it in on Monday to UK Assistance, just hope they are quicker than last time. I will get some Corsa, or Ka or something so I can get to work. If they **** it up I will sue the you know what off them or at the very least change my insurers.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Post a pic of your dissapointment driving the courtesy car :lol:
I certainly will Stanley. :)
I have just checked out UK Assistance on the net. They are owned by Royal Bank Of Scotland, who own Churchill. The forums are a wash with complaints of poor service, botched repairs, indifferent response to complaints. They do not just do car repairs but handle burgalry claims, house repairs, etc, just a umbrella organisation really who claim to acting in an independant capacity on your behalf, but in reality working for the insurers. So I have a feeling of dread. Mrs Wishful maybe right, the car is going to be too much trouble and we should never have bought it.

·
0 Posts
There's too many tales of 'no back up' when things go pear shaped :tut: - insurance firms are happy to take our 'heard earned' though :mad:

....Mrs Wishful maybe right, the car is going to be too much trouble and we should never have bought it.
Noooo :eek: - tis one of those unfortunate things - it will be fixed & your smiles per gallon will increase :D

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
dont say that hun.....she is gorgeous...the car that is, and is worth all the hassle, look how much hassle i have had with mine, at least be happy you havnt had that...it will be ok once its sorted...hugz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts