Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been two years since I joined AO after I bought my first Alfa Romeo, a V6 156.

In between receiving lots of advice, contributing, err, something? I never really thought I would have kept the car for this long, and with that stayed on here for that length of time. (I thought I would have one post and that would be to get a radio code).

I, like many, lived off the reputation that comes with the marque. "Terrible", "Why?", "Run Away".

Then I asked myself. "Why not?" I am young(ish), vehicles like these are on the decline as vehicles become more automated, more buzzers and dongers. The cars are getting smarter to save us from ourselves. Funny I thought seatbelts, crumple zone, ABS, airbags and esc were suppose to do that...

It's been great. Can't really think of anything to replace it with that gives the same sort of feeling this car does. On the open road, or motorway. Fast or slow. Leisurely or enthusiastic.

Sadly everything does get old, but maybe I can make it a little older yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had my Busso 156 six years and counting. Only car I've had which has never got old quickly, in fact I had another V6 prior to this one so can probably add another year onto 156 ownership :cool:

They are slightly unrefined and the interior is a bit low quality if you're some sort of moronic car reviewer who touches lower plastics and behind the steering wheel... Other than the sky high running costs and the lack of a 3rd child ISOFIX tether I couldn't think of a better car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts