Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...

Are there any upcoming events or runs in the near future planned?

Also does anyone perhaps know of someone, who has a stock 156 exhaust for a TwinSpark lying around that they are willing to let go?

Thanx.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Big open events around Gauteng:
ARCSA / ARCOP / AOSA Go-Karts 29 May
Pretoria Spit&Polish 6 AUG
Zwartkops Trackday 7 AUG

Club events:
ARCOP has breakfast run 5 June
ARCSA has a skidpan day 12 June
Piston Ring Club has a event 19 June

We should have a AO run?

You say TS exhaust - you want 156 or 147?
I have a TS manifold (universal) and complete 146 exhaust (one box). What parts do you need?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We should have an AO run! Then I can take pics of everyone's cars :biglaugh:

156, don't need a manifold, pretty much need from the down pipe back... Some lovely exhaust shop put something terrible on the car:paranoid:

·
Registered
80 Posts
ARCSA has a skidpan day 12 June
Chatz has booked Kayalami on that weekend, we currently do not know much about that event but we might not be going to the skidpan.

Reactions: DriveRSA

·
Registered
4,740 Posts

156, don't need a manifold, pretty much need from the down pipe back... Some lovely exhaust shop put something terrible on the car:paranoid:
I'm not sure who does exhausts in that area, but speak ot Master Paul, he will be able to guide you in the right direction. Get a new exhaust and not a second hand one.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Chatz has booked Kayalami on [12 June], we currently do not know much about that event but we might not be going to the skidpan.
We should look at late June / early July. I still want to go to Chameleon Brewhouse on the back road of Harties Dam wall.
Brewhouse Hartbeespoort | Restaurant & Pub Harties

We could go to Something Country again - that is a nice spot for a winter outing.
http://www.somethingcountry.co.za/

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure who does exhausts in that area, but speak ot Master Paul, he will be able to guide you in the right direction. Get a new exhaust and not a second hand one.
I don't want to spend a lot on something aftermarket since I'm not the one who drives the car:biglaugh: and new OEM is stupidly priced last time I checked...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know of any nice driving roads with nice scenery along the way?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Does anyone know of any nice driving roads with nice scenery along the way?
We struggle with that... Not much close to the cities.... The Satellite tracking station road is a nice driver's road... Fair on the scenery side

The detour I took the guys on the way to Cullinan last time, past Bronkhostspruit dam, ended up quite nice :yes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
If anybody has more info about the 12th of June at Kyalami, please share?
Well, you sort of already know everything that Chatz himself knows. My personal unlikely favourite wish for the day would be seeing, feeling, hearing and smelling the new Giulia do some fast laps and setting a lap record for others never to beat, even if its the guinea pig with dents and bruises.
:cloud9:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
In for a run:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I don't want to spend a lot on something aftermarket since I'm not the one who drives the car:biglaugh: and new OEM is stupidly priced last time I checked...
Well I am not sure what a lot is. But a complete system shouldn't cost you more than R2k. Thats from manifold to the back box.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Well, you sort of already know everything that Chatz himself knows. My personal unlikely favourite wish for the day would be seeing, feeling, hearing and smelling the new Giulia do some fast laps and setting a lap record for others never to beat, even if its the guinea pig with dents and bruises.
:cloud9:
Lets all meet at Kyalami on the 12th?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Well chatz is having an event there, so we should be able to get in. I think AO should show big support. Especially because this is the first event at the new kyalami.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
All of the Gauteng Clubs are attending, as there will be a "mini Concourse " as well as other club activities.....
Unfortunately there will not be a chance to drive your own car on the track possibly a parade lap only.
If we go as AO SA we will not have a chance to compete in the Concourse..... but other than that, as Alfa owners, all the activities will be great as a day out....

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't mind to go, but we were not invited. Can we still get in?
Avi, what is the event about?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts